Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should I get the Spark?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
Now that we have nice offers on the Spark for Black Friday / Cyber Monday, I wonder if I should get one, it will be the basic pack + 1 additional battery and 1 RC (total 506$). Now the big question is: should I buy it or not?
I am an amateur photographer of landscapes,mountains, snow...I have a Fuji X-T10 and 2 lenses which are giving me super nice results. I live in Lebanon which is a small country with very nice high mountains and ski resorts, but they are not numerous given it's a small country.
I want to launch my Vlog channel on youtube, so I was thinking about taking some cinematic videos for it, do you think the Spark is enough for that? One of the feature I liked was the Active Tracking but it looks like it's not fast enough to follow when skiing?
So yeah I am very tempted to get it but because I am jobless I can't put 500ish$ on something that I will only enjoy couple of times, though if it will take very nice videos in a way I can have a popular youtube channel and why not do some $ with adsense, I am all in. What do you think?

Now that we have nice offers on the Spark for Black Friday / Cyber Monday, I wonder if I should get one, it will be the basic pack + 1 additional battery and 1 RC (total 506$). Now the big question is: should I buy it or not?
I am an amateur photographer of landscapes,mountains, snow...I have a Fuji X-T10 and 2 lenses which are giving me super nice results. I live in Lebanon which is a small country with very nice high mountains and ski resorts, but they are not numerous given it's a small country.
I want to launch my Vlog channel on youtube, so I was thinking about taking some cinematic videos for it, do you think the Spark is enough for that? One of the feature I liked was the Active Tracking but it looks like it's not fast enough to follow when skiing?
So yeah I am very tempted to get it but because I am jobless I can't put 500ish$ on something that I will only enjoy couple of times, though if it will take very nice videos in a way I can have a popular youtube channel and why not do some $ with adsense, I am all in. What do you think?
Nice videos? Not that goog
Active track skiing? Good luck with that one
Make money from videos? Another good luck!
What you will enjoy is panoramio and sphere photography where little sparky shines!

Here in the USA, if you monetize any footage (YouTube, etc.) the FAA (Government ) wants a piece of the action by you becoming an F107 pilot.

Yada, yada, yada..

Check your local regulations for your potential future as a "money making" drone pilot.

If you do pull the trigger, you'll probably be in more than you know.

Things like a travel case, batteries, tablet, tablet mount, camera filters, etc. could add up fast.

But you don't NEED all of this stuff at the beginning.
If anything, make sure you have a remote controller.

The Spark is my first drone purchase and I have all kinds of photographic ideas but not the time to implement them.

Research everything and decide?

Good Luck.:)

If you are jobless, then it's probably not a practical purchase for you at this time. You probably won't make back the cost of the purchase simply with adsense. Especially if you are "only going to enjoy it a couple of times". And that by itself won't likely give you a "popular youtube channel".

However, if you want to have fun with a drone, then the Spark will be good for that purpose. And it is certainly possible to make money with the videos from it, but you will have to be willing to put some work and effort into it. It does not appear that you will need a commercial drone license in your country.

Reactions: thewhatever
If you are jobless, then it's probably not a practical purchase for you at this time. You probably won't make back the cost of the purchase simply with adsense. Especially if you are "only going to enjoy it a couple of times". And that by itself won't likely give you a "popular youtube channel".

However, if you want to have fun with a drone, then the Spark will be good for that purpose. And it is certainly possible to make money with the videos from it, but you will have to be willing to put some work and effort into it. It does not appear that you will need a commercial drone license in your country.

Nop, just the usual no fly spots like airport,military bases and people gatherings.
No other restrictions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar