Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Silicon Skins For Spark

Hi,

if you mean decals i.e. from decalgirl then my answer/opinion is no. I have it on my own Spark and also on my own Mavic Pro. So far I have not been able to detect any changes in flight characteristics or heat influence.

Hi,

if you mean decals i.e. from decalgirl then my answer/opinion is no. I have it on my own Spark and also on my own Mavic Pro. So far I have not been able to detect any changes in flight characteristics or heat influence.

Does the heat melt the wraps any to make things sticky? I've been wanting to put a wrap on mine, but have been very apprehensive!

No that type silicon won't melt . It's the same type they use for those pot holders and stuff for cooking , I just worry about it overheating the battery or on board electronics. There are holes for the exhaust but the battery concerns me

No that type silicon won't melt . It's the same type they use for those pot holders and stuff for cooking , I just worry about it overheating the battery or on board electronics. There are holes for the exhaust but the battery concerns me
On the ones I have seen, the battery is not covered (so you can swap it easily). I haven't tried it, looks like excess weight.

I have a blue one! I removed it because of the weight. It weighs 16.7 grams, how much that effects the Sparks flight time,I don't know? It may be a plus for flying in colder weather, helping to keep the heat in the drone?

I worry about the effect on radio interception?

I did worry 'bout it too after I installed mine when all of the sudden the GPS and COMPASS always asked to be calibrated on the same place where I mostly fly and it was not doing it before. I was thinking it's blocking all the satellites and all that. After I passed calibration on both, everything was fine and the radio and video signals all good. Honestly IMO ,it must have an effect on signal blocking. I am talking 'bout me and not sure about other members here. I took mine off ,just to be on the safe side.

It looks fairly thick , I like the wraps , but I feel like I'm gonna have a hell of a time, lining the stickers up right An it will turn out like an 8 year olds Xmas toy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme