Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Silo murals, Victoria, Australia

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Drove home via an interesting route last Sunday 10th, stopped for 3 shoots with the Spark.
This is the first site, Sheep Hills grain silos murals, in country Victoria, Australia.

I really wanted the opening shots from the south, towards the unpainted side.
But it was into an 1100 sun, got some prop shadows and terrible exposure / shutter speed (no filters, yet).

Was also windy as too, but as usual the Spark did really well.

I went on to shoot a pink (saline) lake, then another silo mural site in South Australia, will post those up too.

Flying solo around silos. ?

I wonder how he knows where to paint?
It would be difficult to step back and see the big picture.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Flying solo around silos. ?

I wonder how he knows where to paint?
It would be difficult to step back and see the big picture.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Cheers 317, yeah these artist are pretty amazing, would be so hard to get the perspective right, not to mention doing this well the round walls of the silos !

In South Australia and Victoria (neighbouring states) there are oh, probably a dozen or more like this, some amazing art.
There are odd ones in New South Wales too, have shot one of those a couple of times passing by.
I've filmed a few now, thinking of doing them all gradually as I travel around.

Thanks for the positive comments ?

Was just recalling the other silos flown, one was this one just south of Sheep Hills site, at Rupanyup (30km apart).
I also flew this with the Spark.

Funny thing, I was also driving home this time (about 1-1/2 years ago), and went to Sheep Hills after Rapanyup to film them too.
Sent the Spark up, took the shot at end of this video, and flew an epic run around Sheep Hills, landed, went to download pic and video.
Only the pic is there . . . yeah, forgot to hit record !!!
Arrrgh !!!
To top it off, I had flown my then 2nd (last) battery :confused:

So, the OP video up top is the follow up revisit to 2018.

That is beautiful. I am always amazed at good artwork but to do something like that is intense. Crazy good and great footage on your part. Thanks for sharing. ??

The female Russian artist that did the Rapanyup silos does some great work, she has lots of examples of her wroks Worldwide with a Google search, Julia Volchkova.

Reactions: Spark^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe