Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Simple Flight videos ? Yay? Nay?

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Okay, so I posted my first few flights here, but I am thinking I will wear out my welcome if I post each one, warts and all. What is the concensus... flight 4 was strictly for learning, explored tripod mode, and precision landing. Might be useful for someone just starting out (like me) or eye-rolling newb-doodoo for the rest of you... Same ground I am flying over, not yet confident about venturing off my own land.

:p

I actually have YouTube search bookmarked with the following expressions and filter settings:

DJI Spark posted within the last hour
DJI Mavic Air posted within the past hour

That way I can see the newest and freshest videos that may give me suggestions.

Post them all! :D

But be mindful of your YouTube analytics - average watch time.

I try to keep my new videos within that time frame +/- 20 seconds.

Unless there is really good footage :D

Don’t show every minute of your flying. A edited version of each flight is very welcome. Nobody is forced to watch.

Well alrighty then. :cool: Here is flight 4 of my learning adventure. When I got started two things really stood out for me, in terms of safety and getting what I want from the Spark.... Return To Home, and Tripod mode. RTH had not worked previously because I did not fly far enough away from my home point, this video proved to me that all is well, and that the precision landing works also. Tripod mode mode was disappointing, the yaw rate is still too fast... wish DJI would roll out a sensitivity control for yaw like they have for some other models. Next on the agenda is flying out a little farther, pano shots, and some of the intelligent flight mode functions. This flght I launched from a new location, I was a little nervous about all my metal roofs around, but, no issues!

And yes, I always edit these epics down..... but if you cant sleep, I recommend you watch... ha ha! :D

It see you have the camera on auto, the colours flicker as the drone moves about. I’m a point & shoot guy myself, a trick I have been practicing is to lock the auto settings. I use 1 of the programable buttons on the RC to switch from auto to locked. Simply take off, point at a not too bright or dark area, then lock the settings. It can take some experimentation to pick a spot that’s just right. Alternatively you can use it as a reference to manually set the camera, & fine tune it, if needed.

It see you have the camera on auto, the colours flicker as the drone moves about. I’m a point & shoot guy myself, a trick I have been practicing is to lock the auto settings. I use 1 of the programable buttons on the RC to switch from auto to locked. Simply take off, point at a not too bright or dark area, then lock the settings. It can take some experimentation to pick a spot that’s just right. Alternatively you can use it as a reference to manually set the camera, & fine tune it, if needed.
Thanks, one more thing to learn! Much appreciated. Its my second flying camera, and I need to perfect my flying more before worrying too much about the output. However, weather permitting, I will try this out on the weekend.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis