Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Flight 9 - a two minute spin....

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Around southern Oakville, Canada. I am scoping out locations where i can do simple flight like this... but next time I will take it higher and angle down some. Still trying to get a grip on my nerves, flying in urban settings. I should have used tripod mode for this, however, I had one eye over my shoulder... again... next time. Anyway, had some fun... my timing these days has me flying as the sun is setting, got to steal away some noon time opportunities soon. The lake you see on the horizon is Lake Ontario..... Cheers.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
Nice view, I beginning to think that a simple pan left or right never looks great. I tried it with tripod mode on the weekend, even when I made the spark move super slow by being gentle on the sticks, it didn’t inspire me. Next flight I will experiment with a little forward or backward movement whilst spinning.

Ha ha! @pm I went 60 on that because I forgot to use Tripod mode, it does smooth it out after the fact. Here's what I do.... Using FinalCut Pro X.... Create an empty project with the frame rate set to 59.94 (double Sparky's frame rate). Import your clip(s). Select your clip(s), and in the inspector, scroll down to Rate Conform, and set it to Interpolation. Wait while your computer crunches away on that math... Get a coffee, read some forum posts.... Do all your other edits, and output to file, using the max quality and slowest compression. Another option, as in what I did with this one, was to actually use 90% speed on each clip in addition... to slow down that damned nervous panning of mine! As you are effectively doubling the number of frames, slo-mo does not get too brutal looking. I did monkey with the saturation this time, yes, I am listening :p

@koala, I agree its not so inspiring, but for those curious about your particular "hood" it can be revealing. I think I mumbled in some other post about actually flying someplace sooner or later.... so far I am a hover-head. Once I get a few more hours under the belt, I will change things up and diversify. Stopping in the circle of pan now and then for points of interest will allow the viewer time to absorb more of the scene. In this flight I was being harrassed by insects, which is why I stopped a couple of times, I could have editied those out, but laziness prevailed. :D

That link I shared previously....
How To Up-Convert 30fps to 60fps – Applaudience – Medium

Reactions: pmshop
Around southern Oakville, Canada. I am scoping out locations where i can do simple flight like this... but next time I will take it higher and angle down some. Still trying to get a grip on my nerves, flying in urban settings. I should have used tripod mode for this, however, I had one eye over my shoulder... again... next time. Anyway, had some fun... my timing these days has me flying as the sun is setting, got to steal away some noon time opportunities soon. The lake you see on the horizon is Lake Ontario..... Cheers.

Thanks for watching.
Looks great :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar