Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

slow descent with spark

dragonalumni

Join
Aug 21, 2020
I feel my drone descends slow as hell. I'm talking about being just stationary and full tilting the left joystick down. Really slow feeling even from 60 meters up I just get bored trying to bring it back down. Is that tweakable somewhere I missed? My flight speed is on max but sports mode is off.

I feel my drone descends slow as hell. I'm talking about being just stationary and full tilting the left joystick down.

If you don't want to hold the left joystick down, click the land icon on the screen, swipe right and watch it land by itself.

The Spark gets caught up in the prop wash as it descends and Sport mode may be little quicker, but I wouldn't want to be on final approach in Sport mode.

The ground comes up pretty quick with no OA available. ?

If you're coming straight down then auto landing mode is your fastest method of decent @ 3m/s (6.7mph). Otherwise, using a glide path in sport mode can speed it up a little more. You can also hack the flight parameters, e.g. this post from awacsnl but know what you're doing before you do it.

If you don't want to hold the left joystick down, click the land icon on the screen, swipe right and watch it land by itself.
This might be useful sometimes, even if I don't really want to land I could just take off again

You can also hack the flight parameters, e.g. this post from awacsnl but know what you're doing before you do it.
I definitely don't know what I'm doing. Thanks.
?

I think the Spark descends fairly rapidly but I rarely fly all that high. Have you calibrated your controller? Send in a data file and have someone look at it.

I think the Spark descends fairly rapidly but I rarely fly all that high. Have you calibrated your controller? Send in a data file and have someone look at it.

It's roughly what rotorwash described about 3m/s maybe 2m/s with just the manual control. That feels like ages when you are 120 meters up though and only have 15 minutes of flight time.

I put mine in sport mode for descent from high altitudes. Full down until I'm about 10ft above the ground , then slow and steady.

I've spent some money on "NLDApp" from nolimitdronez a while back to remove all restrictions and unlock all flight parameters and my drone can really move now especially ascend and descend is lightning fast when I need to scramble my drone of out harms way really fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme