Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

So much negativity

suprPHREAK

Join
Aug 1, 2017
I thought I'd post something I like about the Spark:

The FlyMore charging setup is actually well thought out. Not only can I charge 3 batteries on the plate, but thanks to the USB ports on the charge brick, I can charge another in the Spark, as well as the RC, all at once! Only needed one more micro usb cable, which I have dozens of. It's a real time saver!

I thought I'd post something I like about the Spark:

The FlyMore charging setup is actually well thought out. Not only can I charge 3 batteries on the plate, but thanks to the USB ports on the charge brick, I can charge another in the Spark, as well as the RC, all at once! Only needed one more micro usb cable, which I have dozens of. It's a real time saver!

I agree.

Although, I can see the need for charging the batteries while "out in the field".

Has anyone tried the following combo:
Use the "fly more" charging plate and AC charger along with a Portable AC battery bank.

upload_2018-2-24_14-56-29.png In combination with upload_2018-2-24_14-55-15.png

This set up would kind of be like the battery powered Smatree unit everyone is talking about.

I have seen 100 W, 150 Wh battery banks for as low as $80.

The charge station with 2 batteries is a pretty good deal.

Reactions: Grey Ghost
The charge station with 2 batteries is a pretty good deal.

Yes, I purchased the charge station – the version that includes two batteries. It is a good deal.

My only concern with the charge station is that it will only charge one battery at a time. It takes quite a while to charge the Spark (with battery) and the two extra batteries. It charges the Spark first, then one battery, then the next battery.

The charge station + accompanying case makes a very convenient package though. It holds the charge station, Spark with battery, two extra batteries, and the case includes a slot to hold the RC. You have everything you need in a small package.

The charge station can be powered on so that it charges everything while you're traveling.

Using an inverter plugged into my 12 volt accessory plug to power the fly more charger is the best option for me. I always have a vehicle to plug into and it charges all 3 of my batteries plus the charger at the same time. I still have the option to add another battery and charge it in the Spark as mentioned above. The inverter is always in my vehicle and doesn't require charging and is much lighter and smaller than a power bank.

Using an inverter plugged into my 12 volt accessory plug to power the fly more charger is the best option for me. I always have a vehicle to plug into and it charges all 3 of my batteries plus the charger at the same time. I still have the option to add another battery and charge it in the Spark as mentioned above. The inverter is always in my vehicle and doesn't require charging and is much lighter and smaller than a power bank.
Hi Bob, where can I buy the specific inverter that you are using?

I just bought the below power bank with built-in inverter which does an amazing job with the regular fly more charging station:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073ZDYD5Y/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It charges the exact same as if you had the charger plugged into the wall. I was tempted to get the DJI portable charger but I liked the fact that this one was generic and could be kept and used for other purposes (ie. camping) long after I retire the spark.

I also like Ccourteau82's option , its a bit more pricey but gives both an 80W inverter plus some stored power for portability in a compact size.

Smatree powerbank for Spark is imo the best option. Charges 6 batteries in Total and 3 at a time. Small and can be recharged with any powerbank via micro usb.

Reactions: ralf
Regarding the battery charging plate that comes with the FlyMore Combo, what’s the purpose of the microUSB port on the side? I have tried plugging it in am charging using that and no dice...

Regarding the battery charging plate that comes with the FlyMore Combo, what’s the purpose of the microUSB port on the side? I have tried plugging it in am charging using that and no dice...

It's for future firmware updates (If any) for the charger.

What I find most interesting about the charging station is that on the one hand it makes the Spark so much more of a complete package. But on the other hand once you have the charging station it is way more difficult to justify the next model. So for me I am not buying a Mavick Air or any other small drone until the next new model is so compelling that I would be willing to no longer use the complete Spark package that I now enjoy so much. I feel that whatever new model comes out needs to have a charging station available at that time.

hello guys talk about charging stations .. but it seems to me that someone is complicating a little life buying inverters, cables, etc. is clear mine is personal oppninione better opt for the DJI that charges autonomously drone and two batteries or better yet the smatree charging station that in 40 minutes has loaded three batteries!

Nobody has mentioned that you can purchase a 200 watt automobile AC inverter to use with the fly more charging plate.
The cost is only about $20 (Amazon) and gives you almost limitless charging on the go. Yes you have to go back to your car
to charge but that's a small price for the convenience.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Nobody has mentioned that you can purchase a 200 watt automobile AC inverter to use with the fly more charging plate.
The cost is only about $20 (Amazon) and gives you almost limitless charging on the go. Yes you have to go back to your car
I have a 150w inverter that, while not sufficient to charge 3 nearly dead batteries at once , it has no issues with 2 batteries while flying with the 3rd. A great option, especially since it is transferrable to any new product you get.

Re
Read before you post

I love my Spark! I have the charging station plus DJI bag that holds it and the controller. This is an amazingly convenient and portable setup. I emphasized portable because no other drone that I know of comes close - even the Mavic Air.

I just came back from a weekend Nordic ski event that my son was in. I had my Lowepro Transit 350AW backpack loaded with my charging station bag (docked Spark and battery plus 2 extra batteries and controller), a full frame DSLR with lens and battery grip, an APC DSLR with lens, and my laptop and charger - everything I needed to capture various aspects of the weekend. We stayed in a cabin that was only accessible by walking to it and pulling a sled with food and sleeping gear.

I used all 3 of my Spark batteries and was able to recharge them all again with the charging station without having to plug-in. The Smatree charger may charge more batteries faster and the Mavic Air may fold up smaller, but neither even comes close to matching the convenience of the complete package the Spark with charging station offers. Like Manazuma says above, I don't think I would be able to buy another portable drone if it doesn't match the complete package the Spark/Charging Station offers.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert