Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Solstice Canyon, Malibu CA

I thought the Santa Monica mountains were a no fly zone, according to Airmap. No restrictions from DJI then?

I am really confused...:-(

I thought the Santa Monica mountains were a no fly zone, according to Airmap. No restrictions from DJI then?

I am really confused...:-(

:D as it was explained to me, there are some AirMap restricted areas that will not show on DJI and there are some DJI restrictions that do not show on AirMap.

Remember, 2 different systems and they do not cross reference well.

I am sorry, just a quick question still: does it means that the part 107 guys have to stay away from the Santa Monica mountains, and the 336 guys get away with it?

Or it has nothing to do with it, and I should stop asking questions which have nothing to do with the original post?...

Thanks

So how can we possibly keep up with the confusing information? How do you guys do it?

Look at Airmap, it says no go.
Look at the local government level, the one actually taking care of the area and they say go.
Look at DJI and they say go.
Look at B4UFLY, and they say go, just be aware of the 3 helipads there.

This is insane. Must one look at all the mentioned sites before launch and take an average?

B4UFLY is FAA. Airmap...not sure. No geofenced zones there either in GO4 app. Safe to say all is good. Only place we can't fly without a doubt are national parks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar