Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sooo,.....letting her go!!

N3M3SIS2ALL

Join
May 28, 2017
Well made the decision to sell my spark, just didnt live up to my expectations and my expectations weren't very high. Im one of the few if not the only person just wanting a selfie drone... meaning I wasn't planning on using the controller or my phone just wanted to bust it out on a quick shot, bring it in and move on. Im a used car saleman by trade (dont judge) so I just got the fly more package knowing if I ever sell its easier to have the most equipped model. But the few times that I have tried it just didnt work as I would like. And what makes it worse is even when I use the controller it doesnt seem to stable...or as stable as the Mavic. And yes I think its in unfair comparison but like I said earlier I wanted this to be used primarily without controllers of any kind just palm launch and thats it. If I have to use a controller might as well use my Mavic. So just listed on classifieds if anyone is interested, I live in cali. Prefer local pick up but something can be arranged.

Reactions: Sparkbart
Well at least you still have your reliable Mavic.

Reactions: N3M3SIS2ALL
I must say, I'm also massively disappointed with the gesture mode. It was what I bought the Spark for and still haven't had it work yet. Controlling directly with the phone is diabolical, and borderline dangerous. The RC works well, however, providing you use an OTG cable. It's a bloody long way from the videos they've got on the DJI site.

It's only saving grace is it's size. I've flown it a few places publicly now and no one seems to care because it looks like a toy. I've seen people react differently to Mavics and Phantoms when randoms get drone-phobic. So purely for that reason, I'm keeping it. Meanwhile I'll pray to the drone gods for DJI to ship some firmware patches in the coming months...

After spending some time with it on vacation, I think I'm going to sell my Combo as well. The Palm Launch/Landing is a neat trick, but I have little actual use for it and my Mavic is better at everything else, including wireless goggles.

Same here… I go out and fly out every day and still scared to death of this transmission link (Wi-Fi) that it'll leave me with a problem. Virtually every time I go out and get more than 100 feet away, I start getting intermittent signal. My nerves can't handle that. I think I'll stick with my Mavic. I fly in urban neighborhood settings so I can't afford any transmission problems.

Reactions: N3M3SIS2ALL
Like many of you, I also own a Mavic along with other DJI platforms. I wasn't expecting very much in the way of performance when I bought the Spark (I actually bought 2). I bought mainly because I'm a "techie gadget guy". With that said, I did expect the basic function of staying connected to WIFI to be a bit more reliable.

I also have to admit that my "Yuneec Breeze", was more stable, more user friendly, less nerve wrecking ... The video and Picture quality was less. My Mavic is more "Pro" .... The Spark is in between, but at the moment a little bit "negative" in between. I hope some firmware upgrades will address some flaws and add more Fun to it... (Better Panoramas and quickshots, etc, etc...).

I tell you I have over 300 miles total on all my various P3 and not that many with the mavic but after reading about the gesture mode and flying the Spark with just a phone and the various issues I just never tried it and didn't think I would be comfortable doing so. I've flown my Spark with the controller and other than a few compass errors it has flown well. Did the upgrade and calibrated the IMU and will calibrate the compass the next time I fly but I feel more comfortable flying with the controller. It just doesn't seem as consistent and I certainly don't have the confidence in it like my P3A, P3P or Mavic but who knows time might fix that. But I certainly plan to keep it.

I must say, I'm also massively disappointed with the gesture mode. It was what I bought the Spark for and still haven't had it work yet. Controlling directly with the phone is diabolical, and borderline dangerous. The RC works well, however, providing you use an OTG cable. It's a bloody long way from the videos they've got on the DJI site.

It's only saving grace is it's size. I've flown it a few places publicly now and no one seems to care because it looks like a toy. I've seen people react differently to Mavics and Phantoms when randoms get drone-phobic. So purely for that reason, I'm keeping it. Meanwhile I'll pray to the drone gods for DJI to ship some firmware patches in the coming months...

Exactly my thoughts on how people perceive the spark, I figured if im out and about no one would care if I launch it snap a few pics and put it away. Maybe Im being hasty and I should wait, but at this point I think if and when I sell it im getting a crystalsky monitor and improve on what I already have. But if they can improve the gesture mode im all about it.

Same here… I go out and fly out every day and still scared to death of this transmission link (Wi-Fi) that it'll leave me with a problem. Virtually every time I go out and get more than 100 feet away, I start getting intermittent signal. My nerves can't handle that. I think I'll stick with my Mavic. I fly in urban neighborhood settings so I can't afford any transmission problems.

Thats another reason I want to sell now, I dont want to lose it then be kicking myself in the a#*

I had no too big expectation from the Spark. I have several Hubsan drones and on the low cost aspect, I got it.
I would have thought it is a better documented, software really works better (I got some screen in Chinese with
At least with DJI, I am expecting it starts as it is but they will improve it, they have no real choice.
DJI says (Collecting Users Feedback) we can give feedback to them about Spark by email ([email protected]). So, please do it!
I start to have slowly a big list for a some small number of flights. I am currently waiting for the RC, so only phone and wifi link.

I had no too big expectation from the Spark. I have several Hubsan drones and on the low cost aspect, I got it.
I would have thought it is a better documented, software really works better (I got some screen in Chinese with
At least with DJI, I am expecting it starts as it is but they will improve it, they have no real choice.
DJI says (Collecting Users Feedback) we can give feedback to them about Spark by email ([email protected]). So, please do it!
I start to have slowly a big list for a some small number of flights. I am currently waiting for the RC, so only phone and wifi link.
You'll enjoy flying it with an RC.

Reactions: Goose
i was thinking the same.... but Ill keep it ,

havent had an issue with the RC , and wifi, will try with cable soon, as long as phone is in airplane mode then it algooda.

havent taken it to the extreme yet anyway, but 60 metres up and few hundred away is all I need, so ill keep it.

today I am testing the in built fly features.... so we will see

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme