Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark ‘n’ birds...

Wahaha I hadn't even thought about that!
It is a picture I took of a statue called "Raven and the First Men", by Bill Reid, an artist of mixed Western/First Nations descent. Absolutely stunning in real life.

Well, we wont call "fowl play" on you! :D:eek:o_O;)Yes, much of the first nations art is stunning... I've seen a documentary or two on Bill... recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Beautiful shots!
I had a common buzzard (a red tail hawk in the US) almost bump into my Mavic Pro once... it only just avoided me but looked quite interested. The good thing is that I was following it, rather than it divebombing me. Made a little movie of it which you may have seen already:

That is just beautiful! I have two Red Tails that live around me and like to "check me out". So far they have kept their distance and have just been curious. They own the airspace lol....

Reactions: JoostGT3
Wow, you’re blessed! I love these amazing birds, so majestic (They are more or less the biggest birds of prey we have here). Be careful though, they can be fiercely territorial, especially when they have nests.

Guys, the best evasive action is go into sports mode and throttle straight up. Birds (eagles are a problems around here) can't fly straight up and I've found they lose interest before I get to 400 ft. The small spark gets more bird harassment than my big phantom for sure.

Most of the time birds don't take any interest in my spark, but sometimes they go absolutely crazy with 10 birds coming out of no where and start diving for the drone, I think that's an indication there is a nest nearby and I immediately land. Here is a video of a curious seagull going for the spark: Bath (Somerset, England) - From a Drone (DJI Spark) (26 seconds in).

I see birds flying not far away from my drone. So far, never tried to mess with it though.

Note: my Spark is painted in yellow/black Hornet camouflage ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis