Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark acting really strange

Join
Jan 11, 2018
Okay, I'll try to be as brief as possible. (sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm Brazilian).

Today I went flying my Spark on the beach, and it started acting strange.
I took off the Spark, and when it hit around an altitude of 30 meters and a distance of 50 meters, the app said I had reached the maximum flight altitude and distance, but the maximum altitude in the app settings is 120m, and I did not set a distance limit. (As far as I know, I was not flying in a restricted area.) When I tried to shoot a panorama, the app said that that panorama could not be taken. I restarted the aircraft, but it still did not shoot the pano.

When it took off, the Spark lost height very fast, as if the motors were turned off and on quickly. It did this only 3 times and then it stabilized in the air.

I found Spark's behavior very strange, but I continued to fly. Shortly after, Spark started to land suddenly.
The RC started beeping, and the app said it was landing, without my command. I couldn't control the Spark when it was landing, and if continued the landing, either it would land in the water, or crash into the rocks. Then I was able to stop landing and return it to me, and land safely.

But why did all this happened? The app didn't warn any kind of interference or something like this. Should a calibration solve this?

And about all that crazy behavior, it didn't happen again. (Just that altitude/distance limitation that doesn't happen when manually take off, got it).

Do you have any idea why this happened?
An app bug, maybe?

I don't know, what's going on with your dji Spark.
However, one time my Spark was doing some crazy movements by himself. I did some research about the problem and how to fix it.
As a result, I found that my Spark needed a IMU calibration. I did a very bad job the first time I did the IMU calibration. For example, I didn't took off the blades on the spark before the calibration. Plus, I rushed the whole process because I wanted it fly Spark as soon as possible. lol

So my recommendation to you is. Do some research on YouTube or Google, if you cannot find any help. Try to talk with DJI support. Good luck my friend. [emoji106]

Are you updated on firmware both on the RC and Spark? You also must make sure you give the chance to check before you "Enter Device".

I don't know, what's going on with your dji Spark.
However, one time my Spark was doing some crazy movements by himself. I did some research about the problem and how to fix it.
As a result, I found that my Spark needed a IMU calibration. I did a very bad job the first time I did the IMU calibration. For example, I didn't took off the blades on the spark before the calibration. Plus, I rushed the whole process because I wanted it fly Spark as soon as possible. lol

So my recommendation to you is. Do some research on YouTube or Google, if you cannot find any help. Try to talk with DJI support. Good luck my friend. [emoji106]
Yeah, I did the IMU Calibration just in case. (I did the same thing first time, I rushed and didn't take off the propellers haha. But then I did it properly.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit