Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and DJI Care Refresh

srcrain

Join
May 30, 2017
I thought that DJI Care Refresh was a way to get free repairs if something goes wrong with your Spark (even from user error). What I didn't realize is that the Refresh plan just gives you the option of replacing your Spark (first replacement $49) and does not give you free repairs. So with an initial fee of $59 and a replacement fee of $49, the lowest amount you will spend when using Refresh is roughly $110.

The frustrating part is that DJI said that the compass and gesture mode not working is somehow not covered under their warranty and quoted $270 to fix it. (It hasn't worked for a long time, and isn't the result of a crash.) Or I can use Refresh and pay $49. Obviously I am going to use Refresh.

Has anyone had any different experience with DJI Care Refresh.

I have Care Frefresh, and it’s made very clear that you have to pay for replacements when you sign up for it.

I did not have DJI Care Refresh. I caught a tree limb while landing, Messed up a motor and cracked an Arm. $35 in parts, $130 labor. Quick turn around and it flys Great. Now I have Refresh, so I probably won't need it again

Thanks. Don't get me wrong I think Refresh is a great deal and I would get it every time. I just thought it was both a repair or replace plan. In reality it is only a replacement plan. I see it clearly now, but was mistaken when I signed up.

He means you heard / read something wrong. It's available in other places too.

From DJI's website....

11、Does DJI Care Refresh support international coverage ?

No, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in China, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the US. You can only apply for product warranty service in China, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official US service center.

12、Where is DJI Care Refresh available?

At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store.

Related question... is DJI Care available on a DJI Product I buy used from anyone? Does the drone get "re-registered" by me when I purchase? Does that trip a 48 hour trigger to buy Care? Thanks in advance.

Related question... is DJI Care available on a DJI Product I buy used from anyone? Does the drone get "re-registered" by me when I purchase? Does that trip a 48 hour trigger to buy Care? Thanks in advance.
I have a similar situation)question.
I just bought a used spark, which the seller assured me was bought 6 months ago , although he paid cash and can't find the receipt anymore.
Will the shop have registered the serial number at the time of the sale?
Will I have any chance of some type of guarantee ?
Cheers
Nick

I have a similar situation)question.
I just bought a used spark, which the seller assured me was bought 6 months ago , although he paid cash and can't find the receipt anymore.
Will the shop have registered the serial number at the time of the sale?
Will I have any chance of some type of guarantee ?
Cheers
Nick
There is a procedure to follow to purchase DJI Care on a Spark after the initial 48 hour grace period. The DJI website details the procedure, which is basically instruction on how to make a detailed proof of life video. How to get DJI Care / DJI Care Refresh after the 48 hour countdown. I had trouble with the process. I took the video, submitted it and was told it would take the video and warranty teams at least three business days to confirm. I was traveling by then. I left the drone in Costa Rica for my next trip down, and got crap from DJI that I should wait until I have the drone with me again - they wouldn't sell me Care. They wanted to confirm the SN, which I readily did off the box, but then they just dropped out of sight. The program is a good deal... if you can get DJI to sell it to you!

There is a procedure to follow to purchase DJI Care on a Spark after the initial 48 hour grace period. The DJI website details the procedure, which is basically instruction on how to make a detailed proof of life video. How to get DJI Care / DJI Care Refresh after the 48 hour countdown. I had trouble with the process. I took the video, submitted it and was told it would take the video and warranty teams at least three business days to confirm. I was traveling by then. I left the drone in Costa Rica for my next trip down, and got crap from DJI that I should wait until I have the drone with me again - they wouldn't sell me Care. They wanted to confirm the SN, which I readily did off the box, but then they just dropped out of site. The program is a good deal... if you can get DJI to sell it to you!
Oh, I'm not commenting on my personal opinion on DJI's support efforts... some people here have had great service, some not. I'm just saying that even though DJI put out the instructions on their website, they may or may not choose to follow them. But in my opinion its worth a try and see if they will forego the invoice. I mean, they'll have video of the unit, right? Its not like you can make that up.

Thanks.
I'm not looking for the extra care warranty.

I'm just curious about the standsrd 2 year warranty after the purchase of the item. Or It is this worthless anyway?

I have had care refresh and then care refresh+. I inadvertently let the care+ expire 2 days ago and now they won't renew it, or maybe they will only do care refresh for 2 years, I can't find out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit