Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and IPhone XR

Monstertails

Join
Jun 19, 2019
I have an iPhone XR with a case on it, will there be any issues leaving my phone in the case and connecting it to the controller? Also what happens if I receive a phone call while I am using the drone? Is it something as simple as ignoring the phone calls and everything stays connected or does it cause a connection issue?
Thanks in advance

I have an iPhone XR with a case on it, will there be any issues leaving my phone in the case and connecting it to the controller?
Depends on the thickness of the case. My phone measures 9.6mm (w/o case) in thickness and it tightly fits. So I don't think your phone will fit in the phone holder in the RC with the case on.

Also what happens if I receive a phone call while I am using the drone? Is it something as simple as ignoring the phone calls and everything stays connected or does it cause a connection issue?
Yes, you can ignore the call and everything should stay connected. But most people like to put their phone in airplane mode and kill all background apps so that excess load on the RAM doesn't cause the Go4 app to crash. Having said that, even if the Go4 app crashes, you can still control your AC with the RC. Restart the app again and you will get back live feed. It has happened to me on the odd occasion and it only shows how important it is to fly in visual line of sight.

what happens if I receive a phone call while I am using the drone?
If you're flying with the remote controller, nothing will happen to the drone when a call comes in since the drone is controlled by the remote controller.

If you're flying with the remote controller, nothing will happen to the drone when a call comes in since the drone is controlled by the remote controller.
Thanks for the info. I thought it somehow used the WiFi portion of the phone

Does it airplane mode shut off Wi-Fi? Or does it just shut off the cell phone data?
It depends on your phone. If it shuts off Wi-Fi, you can manually turn just Wi-Fi back on.

Reactions: Spark 317
Updates are optional, but it's a good idea to install them in most cases.

Aside from flyaways that’s the only other thing that scares me, I hear so many people saying don’t do the updates and some people say no you have to do the updates so I never know which direction to head.

Let me ask this question, is there any major differences between using an iPhone or an android phone? As I stated earlier I have an iPhone Xr but I also have a couple of galaxy S7 And S8 cell phones that are no longer connected to any service provider. I could use those as dedicated spark phones, but was wondering if there’s any major differences?

Newbie question.... If I go into airplane mode and have the controller plugged into my phone by cable, do I not need to connect to the spark/controller wifi?
No. If you are using the OTG cable, you can keep the phone WiFi off.

Aside from flyaways that’s the only other thing that scares me, I hear so many people saying don’t do the updates and some people say no you have to do the updates so I never know which direction to head.

I think most of the threads you are referring to are pretty old. Some versions of the Spark firmware and the Go4 app did have issues which made people revert to old firmware/app version. However, the latest version of the firmware and Go4 app are working without any glitches. So I recommend you to update to latest firmware and latest app version.

is there any major differences between using an iPhone or an android phone?
Do you mean with the DJI GO app? If so, they are both very close. Most people probably wouldn't even notice the differences.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme