Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and Litchi - not quite same experience

Ouch! Sorry bud. I found a local school with a soccer net I was thinking of using as a catcher .
I have my email in to Litchi support so we'll see what they have to say.
I also miss in the bigger birds you can have recording start automatically on mission execution. This one you have to tap it on.
It also ignores custom button bindings. I have teh F button as take-off and land and the C1 button as exposure lock. Don't work with the Spark.

Reactions: Stanlee
Ouch! Sorry bud. I found a local school with a soccer net I was thinking of using as a catcher .
I have my email in to Litchi support so we'll see what they have to say.
I also miss in the bigger birds you can have recording start automatically on mission execution. This one you have to tap it on.
It also ignores custom button bindings. I have teh F button as take-off and land and the C1 button as exposure lock. Don't work with the Spark.
In Android version of Litchi you can set it to Auto record (Props starting-recording starting….props stop-recording stops). Or recording can be set in WP actions (disabled if curved turns).
Custom buttons? Have not tested yet.. but they seems to differ according to mode. FPV..Waypoint..etc

Here's my reply from Litchi - I'm asking for further clarification on obstacle avoidance and cruising speed since the missions fly way faster than what was set for cruising speed.

1) Obstacle avoidance is active as long as it is enabled, however we do not recommend relying on Spark’s obstacle avoidance, it should only be considered as a “last hope” feature due to its limitations.
2) These custom keys are set by the app, we don’t have the same functions as DJI Go, but we do offer more options, you can see the full list at Help - Litchi (ae lock is one of them but we don’t have take off)
3) RTH is entirely controlled by the firmware, Litchi has no effect on how it works. It should give you exactly the same results as when it is active in DJI Go or any other apps in fact. One reason you may see differences is if DJI Go uses precision landing, however we don’t have the ability to use that in the DJI SDK.

The Spark's obstacle avoidance only works the distance of a TV remote so unless you are going super slow it is useless.

I wouldn't worry too much about RTH accuracy. We consumers are only allowed 5 meter GPS accuracy anyway. The US Government specifies consumer accuracy as 5 meters. We don't direct artillery...

[/QUOTE] Given it doesn't have the precision take off the Mavic and Phantom have - what does the Spark use for a home location? Given the locations I take off from some times this is a concern on where it thinks home is.[/QUOTE]
The Spark does have precision landing, the home point is recorded and a photo taken by the downward facing cameras as long as the instructions in the manual are followed and precision landing switched on.

Given it doesn't have the precision take off the Mavic and Phantom have - what does the Spark use for a home location? Given the locations I take off from some times this is a concern on where it thinks home is.
The Spark does have precision landing, the home point is recorded and a photo taken by the downward facing cameras as long as the instructions in the manual are followed and precision landing switched on.
Not according to Litchi support - they say they don't have access to it.

I tried to do a low level litchi mission today. Set agl to 3ft. Spark was at 12-15 feet. Not sure the acuracy is good enough for a between tree and around obsticles. I walked behind and just paused mission before i got into any trouble. Anyone else try LOW plans?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme