Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery maintenance

SoccerRef12

Join
Jul 5, 2019
Loc
Lampasas, Texas
First, I know I can do a search and probably find a lot of posts on this, but I really like the discussion and interesting from this group. When you are done with your flights, do you leave your batteries in a discharged state or charge them the to 100% and wait to your next mission?

After a number of days of non use ( ten, I think) , a fully charged battery will start to discharge as the batteries don't like to be fully charged for a long period of time. That's the intelligent part.

If you tap the battery to check the charge, it will reset the timer and maintain the current charge level for another few days before it will start discharging again.

If you don't keep an eye on the battery level while it's not being used, it WILL discharge down to zero and you'll have a brick for a battery.

There's a hidden 10% of power in the battery to maintain the intelligence, but once that is depleted, so is the battery.

It's best to set an appointment in your phone calendar a couple of times per month to check the batteries and charge up to about 75% (3 LED's ON, 4th blinking) if you're not going to be flying for a while. Check the remote too.

Here's a video about the care and maintenance of the Spark batteries.

It's long and informative, but if you have the time, pop some popcorn and enjoy.

do not store empty or fully charged lithium batteries.
The Spark batteries will automatically be unloaded to 50% (2 leds) after a few days of rest.
So you only have to pay attention to recharge used batteries to 2-3 leds.
Then you can leave them for 6 months without any risc.
After this period check the level; less then 2 leds -> apply some charging time

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers