Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Crash

Hi there mate... Hectic video, lucky you flew it in a favorable environment, that's one of my biggest fears flying this thing- it crashing or the drone just flying away.

Did it fall or just fly to the ground out of control.? Always scary to hear when my favorite flight is over the bay to a lighthouse 5000 feet out and I don’t own a boat. Lol haven’t made the trip yet with sparky.. but I did fly 5000 feet away yesterday over a lake with very little signal loss.

Were those power lines in the beginning of your video? Looked like a super soft landing.

It fell to the ground out of control. I could not get the signal back when I lost it. Fortunately I haven’t “graduated” from the football field, although I am getting more ambitious and confident.

It fell to the ground out of control. I could not get the signal back when I lost it. Fortunately I haven’t “graduated” from the football field, although I am getting more ambitious and confident.
When say dell to the ground... were the motors turning seemed like it flew to the ground which is odd. Did you get a compass error?

If it fell you may have pulled both sticks down and in which I think cuts off power in the spark...not sure though.. there might have to be some kind of error first before the remote will let you cut off not sure.

The spark does get effected by wireless interference as does my phantom 3 flying around right where I live but when I have gone out the country side or out over the bay I have had no problems. Phantom went 9000 plus feet out with plenty signal and I’m going to try the 5000 foot trip to the lighthouse with sparky.

The Mavic 2 has no interference so far unless trees start blocking you then it doesn’t matter what you are flying.

Give us more info about how your went down.

If the motors turned off and it just fell I would be sending mine back to DJI.

It's important to do a background check or have some knowledge in the surrounding or area you're about to fly in, these are huge factors to consider before taking flight, I also suggest you pre-download a map of the area just to be familiar with it, and try getting a tracker for your drone just in-case you can't locate your drone next time it crashes. Try the trackimo tracker it's pretty good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef