Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark & CrystalSky 5.5

I'm a bit perplexed by any confusion......if you actually looked at the pictures of the monitors when they were announced you instantly knew that they were far too thick to fit in the arms of either the Spark RC or the Mavic RC, and that they were going to require a mount.

I'm a bit perplexed by any confusion......if you actually looked at the pictures of the monitors when they were announced you instantly knew that they were far too thick to fit in the arms of either the Spark RC or the Mavic RC, and that they were going to require a mount.
No confusion...I 100% agree. Any moron can visually see that a 3/4 inch think device won't fit within the Spark/Mavic RC, thus my point being the DJI folks should have never advised that it would fit.

Why is this so difficult?? :eek: If the peripheral is more thick that the opening where the peripheral sits it will not fit! Rocket science..I know :)

Reactions: aviscomi
How are you guys liking the Crystal sky?

I'm considering selling the goggles (not enough use) and getting the CS..

Any issues? Will be using with Mavic and Spark..

Thanks!

Reactions: Advexure
How are you guys liking the Crystal sky?

I'm considering selling the goggles (not enough use) and getting the CS..

Any issues? Will be using with Mavic and Spark..

Thanks!

I'm really liking the 5.5" CS on Mavic and Spark now that I've got a MavMount. Such a clean setup and well-balanced mounting solution.

Is the Mavmount 2 worth the steep price?

I can speak very highly of the MavMount overall. It's a very high quality and well manufactured piece of equipment. The higher price you mention is what you pay for quality made in the USA. Yes, there are plastic and 3D printed solutions but quality is something I enjoy paying for. Especially US made.

Also have been running the iPad here and there with the Spark but find myself using the CS more often now.

Spark-iPad.jpg

Complete MavMount setups are now in stock, in addition to CS Adapter Plates and the lanyard clips. Can't speak any more highly of MavMount :D
https://advexure.com/store/mavmount-tablet-holder-dji-mavic-spark/
Tablet Holder for Spark Remote Controller & CrystalSky by MavMount

Reactions: Mike
The CS 7.85" is amazing, it's transformed flying with my Spark and Mavic, it's like night and day compared with a phone or tablet, imo..

IMG_20170728_201520_379.jpg IMG_20170728_201520_373.jpg IMG_20170728_201520_377.jpg

Reactions: dpeirce1 and Mike
Is the iPad mini mount MavMounts sells good or should I get a different one to use with the MavMount 2.0 with my Spark?

Is the iPad mini mount MavMounts sells good or should I get a different one to use with the MavMount 2.0 with my Spark?

Just left this message on the new thread you created (MavMount questions.) but will leave it here to provide some insight on this thread as well.

We've always been using MavMounts with this Universal Clamp when using iPads which provides quite a bit of flexibility...and is cheap and seems to hold up. We had these laying around from previous mounting rigs we used with iPads and they do the job.​

Crystalsky is sublime after all those dim devices.
Although it doesn't fit straight in the sparks claws, they are wide enought to accomodate it if you mount it to a suitable piece of acrylic with a hole cut out for the battery. I'll post aphoto if anyone's interested

Reactions: KDBarry67

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef