Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark destroyed. Get another one or a Mavic Mini?

I believe walmart.com has a spark listed.

Thanks. I bought a Mini, and there's two features it has that would keep me from returning to a Spark: superior camera gimbal (after all, the camera is why I use a drone) and longer flight time. I bought the Fly More Combo and it came with three batteries, which keeps me flying for almost 90 minutes! My Spark was a lot of fun, but ran out of juice too quickly.

MM , NFZ and height limit. No sensors at the front. Light, problems in wind in RTH, nice 2.7k
Spark, can be fully unlocked, no NFZ, no height limit. can be modified (flying mavic pro flightmodes). More power and range ,can be set to 1.8 watt easy.
EU new coming rules, Spark and MM the same, however MM is 249 gr, it has a camera, therefore category C0

Last edited:
MM , NFZ and height limit. No sensors at the front. Light, problems in wind in RTH, nice 2.7k
Spark, can be fully unlocked, no NFZ, no height limit. can be modified (flying mavic pro flightmodes). More power and range ,can be set to 1.8 watt easy.
EU new coming rules, Spark and MM the same, however MM is 249 gr, it has a camera, therefore category C0
event the mavic pro and the mavic air are in the same cathegorie.

Thanks, Joe. No, I don't want to get a used Spark because you don't know what condition they're actually in. They might work fine for a month, and then fail.
I think you need the Mavic Air 1 or 2 and not the Mini. That being said..I have two Sparks and I expect them to last forever. I'm sure there are plenty of good used Sparks out there.

Reactions: Spark 317
Not sure if this is true, but the drone shop where I dropped off my Spark for repair said by paying the repair estimate, DJI will send me a brand new Spark. The shop said they send their drones to DJI, and they come up with the repair cost, and it is DJI's business practice to provide a new drone of same make/model instead of performing the repair work. I asked if this applies for discontinued models like the Spark, and they said yes.
Food for thought. I am in the same situation as you, and for my $300 repair estimate, I'm thinking of just getting the Mini 2 instead of paying the $300 repair bill and getting a new Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme