Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark disconnected and rth initiated but never returned

Tile is not a GPS tracker - it is bluetooth!

As do many other similar trackers, it relies on the (Tile) community to help you locate the missing item.

I bought three Tiles when they first (pre) launched - big problem is that you cannot replace the battery. The entire unit needs to be replaced! Big scam!
$39 for 12 months guaranteed usage? There are similar trackers where the batteries can be replaced. e.g. Nut tracker.

Sticking one of these BT trackers on a Drone is next to useless unless you have a local Tile community.

For similar dollars you can by a GPS tracker but it may be too heavy for the Spark.

I hope you find your Spark!

Reactions: Sparksupersonic
Tile is not a GPS tracker - it is bluetooth!

As do many other similar trackers, it relies on the (Tile) community to help you locate the missing item.

I bought three Tiles when they first (pre) launched - big problem is that you cannot replace the battery. The entire unit needs to be replaced! Big scam!
$39 for 12 months guaranteed usage? There are similar trackers where the batteries can be replaced. e.g. Nut tracker.

Sticking one of these BT trackers on a Drone is next to useless unless you have a local Tile community.

For similar dollars you can by a GPS tracker but it may be too heavy for the Spark.

I hope you find your Spark!

I appreciate it. Not certain which one I’ll get but I’d read tile mentioned a lot. I’d rather have gps or some electronic locator than one that uses bt, so ty fur mentioning it.

Dji support determined the flyaway was a warranty case and offered me a new Spark, exact color.
It goes without saying I think that’s awesome.
I’ve recently bought a new Mavic Pro bundle, arrived but haven’t opened it, and I have a Platinum fly more being shipped. Bought the Mavic Pro before seeing a deal I couldn’t pass up on the Platinum, which is the drone I preferred. I’ll sell the Mavic Pro.
But, I still wanted another Spark.
Worth mentioning, I had bought my Spark new in the box on ebay from an individual, and don’t have any idea where he first bought it, but I’m almost certain he wasn’t an authorized dji dealer, just someone with a Spark to sell. Other than asking for proof of purchase, which I simply used a screenshot of my ebay order confirmation, dji never once mentioned anything about whether or not I bought it from an authorized dealer.

Hi. Newbie here. Can anyone recommend a tracking tile that’s small enough to fit on the Spark? All the ones I’ve found so far are wider than it’s flat areas. Thanks

I’ve just bough a used Spark, and it all appears to be working fine, but unfortunately the QR code on the back of the remote and whatever other details were on there have bleached out somehow, so I’m currently unable to link them and when I go into settings, only the Spark appears, I believe I’m right in saying, because it doesn’t say RC? Can anyone suggest how else I find it, or explain what I’m doing wrong? Thanks

I’ve just bough a used Spark, and it all appears to be working fine, but unfortunately the QR code on the back of the remote and whatever other details were on there have bleached out somehow, so I’m currently unable to link them and when I go into settings, only the Spark appears, I believe I’m right in saying, because it doesn’t say RC? Can anyone suggest how else I find it, or explain what I’m doing wrong? Thanks

I think the same information is also in the battery compartment.

Scanning the QR code never seems to work so just type it in manually.

Remote control default password is 12341234.

Here's a how to video from DJI.

Good luck.:)

Reactions: Surfnut

Thanks a lot Spark 317

Thanks a lot Spark 317. I ll give it a go from the top tomorrow. What confuses me is their s a vid out there saying that you only use the details in the battery compartment if you re just using the mobile? But if you re using the remote you need to enter that one, and that s the one that’s faded...

But if you re using the remote you need to enter that one, and that s the one that’s faded...

With the remote, to reset the WiFi settings, you can press and hold the power button for 9 seconds when the RC is on, then the password and the SSID will back to default.

Nope. I’m just not getting anywhere. This is driving me nuts! I know the drone is activated as it appears on my phones mobile list. It says in the bottom left RC Connected, so I select the middle option to link drone and RC. It then asks for my QR etc which I can’t enter, as it’s bleached out . If I go into camera view, it’s confiming Aircraft disconnected, even after I’ve held the powere button on the drone for 9 secs. When it says in the video that the RC will beep to show it’s ready to connect, nothing happens. I’m completely confused with all this seemingly conflicting information, can anyone tell me what I’m still doing wrong? I only get the Spark appear on my Wi-Fi list, it just says Spark xxxx there’s no RC, I suspect the problems with the remote? Thanks

Also, the serial that’s on the box is the same one as is in the battery compartment, so I’m pretty sure that’s purely for the drone rather than the RC.

A further update. I’ve found another vid and managed using the three button press on the RC to get it to appear on my Wi-Fi list, and connected to it. But it’s Still showing as Aircraft Disconnected in the app! Wth?

Dji support determined the flyaway was a warranty case and offered me a new Spark, exact color.
It goes without saying I think that’s awesome.
I’ve recently bought a new Mavic Pro bundle, arrived but haven’t opened it, and I have a Platinum fly more being shipped. Bought the Mavic Pro before seeing a deal I couldn’t pass up on the Platinum, which is the drone I preferred. I’ll sell the Mavic Pro.....

So this post took about 3 left turns along the way. But among the many topic covered was DJI not recognizing that a problem exists with the Spark. There's 2 camps of course: those who blame the user (often rightfully so) and those who blame DJI.

Doesn't the fact DJI determined Sparksupersonic's flyaway was a warranty case pretty much put the argument that the Spark has a technical problem with it's GPS, to rest? Seems like a foregone conclusion to me; DJI admits there are cases where the Spark will lose its mind and fly off.

Agree?

Reactions: Sparksupersonic
Got it! I’ve finally got the green light, good to go . It’s too bloody dark here now mind :) Nevermind, first thing tomorrow...

FANTASTIC! :)

So this post took about 3 left turns along the way. But among the many topic covered was DJI not recognizing that a problem exists with the Spark. There's 2 camps of course: those who blame the user (often rightfully so) and those who blame DJI.

Doesn't the fact DJI determined Sparksupersonic's flyaway was a warranty case pretty much put the argument that the Spark has a technical problem with it's GPS, to rest? Seems like a foregone conclusion to me; DJI admits there are cases where the Spark will lose its mind and fly off.

Agree?

I agree with you 100% . Dji has replaced many sparks that lost there marbles . but yet when someone posts it happened to them they are treated like it never happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe