Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Flight 11, hot Canada Day farmland

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So, long weekend, Canada Day, had to get up and fly around a little... it was too dang hot, but that was not stopping me. More of that same farm scenery (Zzzzzz ha ha), it was around 8:15 in the evening, so again, sun was not lighting everything up like a day flight, but kinda nice looking from some angles. One thing, despite the heat, the air is always clean up here... breathe in! If you are not familiar with Canada (and so many folks simply are not), I recommend this film... Being Canadian Being Canadian (2015) - IMDb Its not actually suitable for kids, as there is a little adult language in it.

Here's Flight 11, music by me!

Cheers...

Reactions: graywoulf and rick
So, long weekend, Canada Day, had to get up and fly around a little... it was too dang hot, but that was not stopping me. More of that same farm scenery (Zzzzzz ha ha), it was around 8:15 in the evening, so again, sun was not lighting everything up like a day flight, but kinda nice looking from some angles. One thing, despite the heat, the air is always clean up here... breathe in! If you are not familiar with Canada (and so many folks simply are not), I recommend this film... Being Canadian Being Canadian (2015) - IMDb Its not actually suitable for kids, as there is a little adult language in it.

Here's Flight 11, music by me!

Cheers...

Still in training?
You do not give yourself enough credit.
But that is exactly what makes you a great aerial photographer!

I still envy you for living in that setting. I used to live in the Great Smoky Mountains of NC and I miss the rural life so bad. Your videos are wonderful to watch. Can I come live with you? :rolleyes: :D

I still envy you for living in that setting. I used to live in the Great Smoky Mountains of NC and I miss the rural life so bad. Your videos are wonderful to watch. Can I come live with you? :rolleyes: :D

Sure, you like dogs? Got three of them, large, hairy. Then there's the wife, if you are at all quirky, she'll love you.

Still in training?
You do not give yourself enough credit.
But that is exactly what makes you a great aerial photographer!

You're right, its like the music world too, always striving for perfection, but never really feeling like you've got there.... And also, not giving one's self enough credit... that's a Canadian trait too... we are always apologizing... its hilarious really...

Reactions: pmshop
Sure, you like dogs? Got three of them, large, hairy. Then there's the wife, if you are at all quirky, she'll love you.
I love animals. Especially dogs and cats. As for dealing with your wife, I have never been called "quirky" but I am sure that my personality could muster some up if needed. LoL!! How cold does it get there though? :eek: :D

I love animals. Especially dogs and cats. As for dealing with your wife, I have never been called "quirky" but I am sure that my personality could muster some up if needed. LoL!! How cold does it get there though? :eek: :D

Well it does vary from one year to the next, from December to February it can vary between (brain madly converting celcius to farenheit) +32 to -10 or colder.... but its a dry cold, so not so bone chilling. Typically when it gets way down there, the wind disappears, you have bright sun.... I've been out for 30 minutes at a time in -22f with no coat, just a t-shirt and jeans, its crisp but not a problem, because the sun is strong, and no wind. Great drone weather if your battery has big balls!:D

The wife seems to enjoy those who are somewhat eccentric, perhaps why she has me (?)... We are a strange mix of conservatism and liberalism.... so we can appreciate both or either! Our kids and grandkids are mostly artsy and or sporty, but in a down to earth way. Life's too short for hangups!

Okay, everyone's invited, leave your politics at the door, there'll be no impaired ideologues allowed!;)

You folks sound like my kind of people. But it gets too cold for me here in the mid Atlantic state of North Carolina. And those temperature would make me shiver too much. Besides, if I moved there, I would lose my Social Security retirement Benefits... such as they are. :rolleyes: :D

You folks sound like my kind of people. But it gets too cold for me here in the mid Atlantic state of North Carolina. And those temperature would make me shiver too much. Besides, if I moved there, I would lose my Social Security retirement Benefits... such as they are. :rolleyes: :D

Well you're still welcome to visit, we keep extra warm clothes for guests who come unprepared. Or you can come in the summer, and bake your *** off like this past week! No AC in the farmhouse. :eek: Its the real deal. Ya, when you're at that golden age, moving either way over the border means giving up a lot.

The wife tells me that Canada and the US have an agreement that you can still receive your SocSec from the states into Canada.... you dont lose it. We have some friends in Virginia that are moving up, she's a Canadian, he's emigrating... he wont lose that stuff apparently...

This topic switched to Atti mode a while back haha:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef