Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark gimbal won’t move up and down after crash

Horticultor

Join
Dec 30, 2018
Hello to everyone, I’m new here and I came looking for a solution to a problem that came recently with my spark. Last time i flew it my battery fell of the drone in mid air, and the beast fell from like 50 m into the snow. I was able to find the battery quick in it, but i searched for the drone for like 1 hour. I found it hanging on a brach in a bush, no sign of damage. I took it home, clean it and after a few hours tried to see if it works still. Everything was doing fine except for the gimbal. The problem i have is that i get the message gimbal overload on the screen, and the gimbal wont turn up or down, it just stays, and after like 2 min the gimbal stops completly and it will not stabilize at all even the axis that was still working on motors. It can still record and take photos, but that is all. I wanted it to send to dji but heard that the prices can be really high, and cost to ship it here from Romania can be really big. So if someone has some ideas on how to get it fix, I’m eyes and ears on your oppinions.

There are several videos on YouTube that talk about calibrating and replacing the gimble on the Spark....And they say it's a fairly easy straightforward thing to do.

Or I would think DJI would make the repair for free if you are still under warranty period, since the battery fell out.

Good luck either way!

Reactions: Horticultor
First step would be to sync your flight records within the DJI Go App - this way DJI can review them on their servers and confirm it will be covered by warranty. If it is covered they will send you a prepaid shipping label at no cost to you.

Also download flight logs directly from drone to your computer using DJI Assistant 2. This way you have a copy outside the DJI cloud server.

If the battery fell out mid-flight the log will show sudden loss of power and rapid descent as you described

Reactions: Horticultor
First step would be to sync your flight records within the DJI Go App - this way DJI can review them on their servers and confirm it will be covered by warranty. If it is covered they will send you a prepaid shipping label at no cost to you.

Also download flight logs directly from drone to your computer using DJI Assistant 2. This way you have a copy outside the DJI cloud server.

If the battery fell out mid-flight the log will show sudden loss of power and rapid descent as you described

can i review those flight logs on my pc?

I had the same thing after 5 foot fall on the beach. Got sand in the gimbal and it would give me overheat message and not go but a small bit up or down. I blew it out with some canned air and it was better but not fixed. Ended up sending it in with refresh and dji sent me a refurb back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe