Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark in the wind

Engie

Join
Jul 1, 2020
As a experience I flew the spark in a fairly strong south westerly wind , I have never been game before, I was pleasantly impressed, does anyone know just how much little spark can handle. Ps, I have been trying without success to post short video , have done in past but can only access photos not videos for some reason.

As a experience I flew the spark in a fairly strong south westerly wind , I have never been game before, I was pleasantly impressed, does anyone know just how much little spark can handle. Ps, I have been trying without success to post short video , have done in past but can only access photos not videos for some reason.

Spark is a pretty stable drone in wind, also tougher . . . both of these aspects in relation to newer smaller DJI drones.
It's not quite as good as the M1P in wind, but overall I'm very confident flying the Spark when taking the right precautions (as with any drone).

You can post photos by uploading them from your computer.
Videos have to be hosted somewhere like YouTube, Vimeo, etc, then post the link here (either directly, or using the Media tab up top of the text box in a new post or reply.

Reactions: larrymgibson
I totally agree the spark is a much better flyer in wind I've recently got a mavic mini and it's constantly getting warning messages about strong wind return to home disabled land immediately, the only good thing about it is the flight time apart from that the spark is vastly a better drone

I put my Spark in the air a few days ago while there were 15mph gusts on the ground. I never did get a wind warning and I was amazed at the performance of my Spark. The video it took clearly shows the trees swaying hard. I don't plan on flying in the wind but I have more confidence in my Spark's abilities now.

I don't have a Mini so I shouldn't speak as to their wind warnings but I get as many wind warnings on my Air 2 as I do on my Spark. I have never really paid much attention to them. I usually get them during an arc and looking at AIrdata I pretty much know where to expect them with our prevailing winds. I wouldn't advise anyone to ignore warnings but I'm comfortable knowing that as long as I don't take off and fly directly downwind and pay attention to the clock that my Spark can handle the wind and it's an absolute brute in sports mode.

I often fly my Spark at a site equipped with anometers, one on top of a 30m tall mast. I prefer to fly when the winspeed don't exceed 20 km/h and definitely do not fly when above 25 km/h, otherwise you are looking for trouble.

Spark’s a strong bird and I wonder if the substantial prop guards I have fitted (which have foldable legs) gives her a smidgeon more weight and stability (and perhaps more for the wind to get hold of too!). I am not about to experiment though!! PS with 4 working batteries I get to fly as much as I want at about 10 mins per battery.

Spark is a pretty stable drone in wind, also tougher . . . both of these aspects in relation to newer smaller DJI drones.
It's not quite as good as the M1P in wind, but overall I'm very confident flying the Spark when taking the right precautions (as with any drone).

You can post photos by uploading them from your computer.
Videos have to be hosted somewhere like YouTube, Vimeo, etc, then post the link here (either directly, or using the Media tab up top of the text box in a new post or reply.
Thank you I appreciate the advice,I have to admit I enjoy flying more than taking photos and videos probably because I haven’t been traveling since buying my Spark and a bit bored videoing and flying the same area every day.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Thank you I appreciate the advice,I have to admit I enjoy flying more than taking photos and videos probably because I haven’t been traveling since buying my Spark and a bit bored videoing and flying the same area every day.

Thank you I appreciate the advice I have to admit I enjoy flying more than taking videos and photos, probably because l haven’t traveled since buying my spark and a bit bored videoing and flying the same area every day. Regards Engie.

Reactions: RotorWash
Spot on. My thoughts entirely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef