Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark landing 8-12 feet away?

RookieFlyer

Join
Aug 8, 2020
Hi fellow fliers..I am new to this, and spark flies great, but anytime I press RTH the spark is landing about 10 feet away from takeoff.Just wondering if something is wrong? TIA

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland RookieFlyer.

I haven't used the RTH feature much and it can be tricky in the way it works due to distance, battery, etc.

Here's a flow chart that may help.

20190122_100811.png

I hand launch and land the Spark myself with the remote.

There is a camera on the bottom of the Spark that is part of the VPS to help map the territory when it launches.

I've read that after the Home Point has been updated, launch the Spark straight up and hover for a couple of seconds around 20 feet.

The Spark will "see" and memorize its landing area to help with a smart RTH scenario.

It should land pretty close from where it was launched.

The use of a landing pad may help.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for all that info spark 317, and yes from now on when I launch it I will let it go straight up and stay for a few seconds so it can see its homepoint.

Reactions: Spark 317
Welcome too from me. Just a simple thought, you’re not wandering away from your TO point without realising it? Easily done as you admire it’s flying capabilities.

Hi fellow fliers..I am new to this, and spark flies great, but anytime I press RTH the spark is landing about 10 feet away from takeoff. Just wondering if something is wrong? TIA
I launch from a small pad that I bring with me . When I a hovering over it about ten feet I mark the rth spot and take a picture of the pad. This appears to improves landing accuracy

Yes I am maybe walking like about 15 feet from its takeoff point, does that matter?
Yes, the Spark will return to its takeoff location. If you move away you can reset the home point, but since you are just starting out I would concentrate on getting to know the Spark before exploring advanced features. Also read the manual as it will give an idea of its features and limitations.

Chris

Reactions: twickers14
Yes, the Spark will return to its takeoff location. If you move away you can reset the home point, but since you are just starting out I would concentrate on getting to know the Spark before exploring advanced features. Also read the manual as it will give an idea of its features and limitations.

Chris
Yes okay, thanks Chris!..

Reactions: Chrislaf
Be sure you have 10+ satellites linked to your RC from the home point you have selected and reset the home point each time you fly (your RC will give you an audible confirmation).

I have found that my Spark does not return exactly where it takes off with the RTH function, but is close. Most of the time now I take over the controls when it is close, to land it in my hand.

Yes, well I just got back home after flying it today and trying the others suggestions.And its much better now, wthin a few feet of TO, and from now on I just take over the controls when close, so a big thankyou to everyone here!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme