Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark lost connection and crashed (gently)

arranH

Join
Jan 8, 2018
Hi

I'm a newbie to the forum, so sorry if this is covered before, however its more checking for the future, and a little reassurance I'm looking for.

Just as a note, I have a Mavic Pro which has been the most reliable of drones with the only issue sometimes being a switch to ATTI but never a complete loss.

I bought a spark for my son and took it for a flight over the weekend which went well, although I found it a little twitchy and nervous which I put down to being used to the Mavic which is of course larger.

Getting home I checked the calibration and thought I'd just have a little tripod test mode in the house. (yes this is where it ALWAYS goes wrong LOL)

All was good smooth control and moved around the house without a hitch until it just lost connection moving slowly but inexorably towards a wall at a snails pace... where the sensors which had worked no problem at all obviously now did not..

A gentle almost soft caress and it dropped backwards to the ground.

I didnt even jump for it, as I though the sensors would work.

Its not wrecked as it just dropped, however I checked the alignment and the left rear prop position is definitely off now. All works just my guess is if I turn it on, it will just reverse.

I have the refresh package (although this sounds like it may be fun to get done). However my question is more towards is this something I can expect fromm the spark. I thought it would be useful as it is so small for more indoor activity, but given its complete loss of control.. I'm not so sure.

The spark is less than a week old, one flight and the phone was Iphone 6 linked through the remote (all updated and claibrated etc)

Thanks in advance..

I thought it would be useful as it is so small for more indoor activity, but given its complete loss of control.. I'm not so sure.
No DJI drones are designed to be flown indoors (even though they show pictures of people doing it). If you must fly in small, enclosed spaces, then keep it safe and attach the prop guards first.

I have had problems like this when flying indoors as well, it loose connection for 1-2 sec. I’m eliminating this problem by getting an OTG cable for the controller, to hard wire it to the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast