Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

spark misbehaving today

Moore887

Join
Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I went to do a short flight today. My batteries have gone into self discharge as I haven't used the drone in over a week but I just needed to take a quick photo of our pool cage which was assembled today. The picture on the phone kept going grey or not refreshing. I don't believe I was losing wifi between the remote and the phone (galaxy s9+) and I was still able to control the drone (almost) flawlessly with the remote. I did experience a little unresponsiveness moving forward when trying to land on a small paver. Changes I've made in the last couple of days are: The addition of ND filters (although I had no problems flying with one when they first arrived, Change of phone case to a genuine samsung one (in order to improve wireless charging and samsung pay reliability although I never had a problem with the drone when using the spigen case even though it was a tighter fit into the remote) and I have also a new samsung galaxy watch (although that's connected to the phone via bluetooth so shouldn't be an issue). The sun may be down before I get a 100% battery to try again. I have restarted the phone, remote and drone numerous times and tried a different (50% charge) battery with same results. No OTG cable here.

I will report back when I get a 100% battery in the air.

Bluetooth connections should be avoided!
If flying above your head, be sure the adjust the antennas on the RC accordingly (flat sides pointing at aircraft).

Turned the watch to aeroplane mode. No difference. Turned off Bluetooth on the phine. Fixed everything!

I use a Samsung bluetooth watch but I use a separate mobile device with the Remote Control and dont seem to have a problem.

I use a Samsung bluetooth watch but I use a separate mobile device with the Remote Control and dont seem to have a problem.
It could be the close proximity of my Galaxy to the controller. I have a lot of older phones that I could use as a dedicated controller but none with the screen size or quality of the s9+. I was thinking of trying an old apple iPad air 2 although I would have to get an attachment to hold it to the controller.

My Spark does not like Bluetooth either. If I have bluetooth on, on my phone and/or my cheap Bluetooth watch, I get lots of interference warnings. I make sure Bluetooth is off on phone and either my watch is turned off or left at home.

I have always wondered why the Spark is so sensitive to Bluetooth whereas my Phantom 3 Standard couldn’t care less.

Chris

I have always wondered why the Spark is so sensitive to Bluetooth whereas my Phantom 3 Standard couldn’t care less.

Lightbridge verses WiFi?

Try an OTG cable.

It helped a lot.

Lightbridge verses WiFi?

Try an OTG cable.

It helped a lot.
Not sure how an OTG cable would make any difference in Bluetooth as both the Spark and P3S are WiFi drones - no lightbridge in either and the OTG cable just helps with video feed not controller signal.

Chris

Not sure how an OTG cable would make any difference in Bluetooth as both the Spark and P3S are WiFi drones - no lightbridge in either.

Chris

The cable will provide a solid connection from the device to the remote. The WiFi connection is vulnerable to BT interference.

I would occasionally forget to turn off the BT on my phones when flying via WiFi and would receive the warnings.
Since using the cable, I haven’t had any BT warnings at all.
Even when the BT is turned on both my phones.

Reactions: RotorWash
The cable will provide a solid connection from the device to the remote. The WiFi connection is vulnerable to BT interference.

I would occasionally forget to turn off the BT on my phones when flying via WiFi and would receive the warnings.
Since using the cable, I haven’t had any BT warnings at all.
Even when the BT is turned on both my phones.

Might be something to consider trying. I have never used an OTG cable since I have never had any connection problems other than BT interference.

Chris

I've never flown Spark or MA without the cable.. Before I started with the Spark I first read about loss of control and fly aways and never trusted the wifi.. so far so good.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef