Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Motor Spacing. Is this normal?

Bmelc

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Hello Fellow Pilots,

Before sending this to DJI I wanted to get a second opinion. I bought the spark less than 6 months ago and with only about less than 20 flights. After a post inspection I did notice that my motor spacing was a little larger on one side of my drone. See pictures attached. I can’t seem to figure out if this is normal or if the motors are faulty. Does anyone else have this gap and is there any real concern? The aircraft Pilots fine and has no issues or error messages.

Thank you. Also, for Christmas I went ahead and purchased some flilter sets through amazon. They are not the polar pros but are from a company called YX. They mainly use suction around the lens to attach however you sometimes have to use a little force to get them on the gimbal securely. Is this also something I would want to be cautious of?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all on here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bmelc.

I looked at my Spark and it looks okay to me.

You may get some gimbal errors with the filters as some on the market are too heavy for the Sparks gimbal.

PolarPro worked with DJI when they made theirs.
I have a set and had no problems with the gimbal. Just be gentle when applying any filter as the gimbal is delicate.

Best Buy has a Polar Pro 6 pack of filters at 60% off. That's a good deal.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: Andre Levite
Thank you Spark 317! That was good advise on the filters. I decided to return those and get the polar pros. I missed that deal on Best Buy when I was originally looking a few weeks ago. Maybe it wasn’t around. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for the motors that would be helpful as I am still slightly uncertain it this is a problem. Thanks!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bmelc.

I looked at my Spark and it looks okay to me.

You may get some gimbal errors with the filters as some on the market are too heavy for the Sparks gimbal.

PolarPro worked with DJI when they made theirs.
I have a set and had no problems with the gimbal. Just be gentle when applying any filter as the gimbal is delicate.

Best Buy has a Polar Pro 6 pack of filters at 60% off. That's a good deal.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:
Wow that's a brilliant deal for the 6 pack polar Pro damit I'm after some as well.

Reactions: Spark 317 and Bmelc
Hello Fellow Pilots,

Before sending this to DJI I wanted to get a second opinion. I bought the spark less than 6 months ago and with only about less than 20 flights. After a post inspection I did notice that my motor spacing was a little larger on one side of my drone. See pictures attached. I can’t seem to figure out if this is normal or if the motors are faulty. Does anyone else have this gap and is there any real concern? The aircraft Pilots fine and has no issues or error messages.

Thank you. Also, for Christmas I went ahead and purchased some flilter sets through amazon. They are not the polar pros but are from a company called YX. They mainly use suction around the lens to attach however you sometimes have to use a little force to get them on the gimbal securely. Is this also something I would want to be cautious of?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all on here.
Take your blade off and tighten them two star screws.
I have just checked all mine their is a little gap but not like yours I think your motor needs them screw's tightening.1545845362835.jpeg

And another one.

IMG_20181226_123033060~2.jpg

Thank you guys, I think we are good, I tightened them just a bit and that might have helped. I think its also one of those eye illusions in a way as well! You think one side is lower than the other but that is not the case depending on what direction you look at it. Thank you for saving me that time of sending it to DJI!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast