Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Motors Won't Start

soileauj

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
New York
Hello all. New to the forum & new to Drone World. Really excited to begin using my drone but:

I just received the Spark Fly More package. I've updated all software , am able to link the park & rc together but can't start the motors. I'm trying this inside. I also tried to have it fly from my hand as I was a video on how to launch inside that way. Didn't work.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

hello and welcome.

first of all...since you're new to drones, i don't reccomend to try the first flight indoors cause there's bigger chance you can smash ito wall or furniture or something. It's best to get familiar with the controls of Spark outside in an open area where is more space for potential failures. Also the GPS wont work inside and the Spark will run in attitude mode (ATTI) which means that the drone will keep the altitude, however it's not stabilized in horizontal movement..so it's more difficult to control, especially for somebody who has no experience with its behavior.

regarding the problem with motors start - DJI GO4 app won't let you take off until the firmware of drone and remote controller (if it's connected too) is up to date. In my case when I tried to skip the update, in the fly interface it simply showed a red message in the top row saying "Cannot take off". Does it showing some errors to you or how is the app behaving?

EDIT: almost forgot...how about the compass and IMU calibration? See this:

Last edited:
Is GPS locked or ATTI mode? If locked there may be flight restrictions in your area... Any other info? If in ATTI indoors it should start motors regardless of you "take off" simply push controls all the way down and out to start... Down and in to stop motors....b

All systems have been updated and I get the link between the rc & spark. It is in ATTI mode. I tried getting it going in gesture mode and it wouldn't start then either. I'll try going outside this evening.
Thank you all for the informative responses.

Ok, so I figured out what I think was the problem. I had to take it off of Beginner Mode for it to work, otherwise it was looking for GPS. Got it going indoors last night without breaking anything and I agree flying a drone inside is not the best idea.
Thanks to all that responded.

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard