Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Noise

rcflyingaddict

Join
Sep 5, 2017
My P4P is louder than my MP - expected that. My Spark is louder than my MP - did not expect that. For some reason I expected it to be quiet or at least in lines with my toy quad's. So far just an up/down in the back yard so far. In any event it's small and yellow and ready to fly.

Attachments

• spark.JPG
    spark.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 33
My P4P is louder than my MP - expected that. My Spark is louder than my MP - did not expect that. For some reason I expected it to be quiet or at least in lines with my toy quad's. So far just an up/down in the back yard so far. In any event it's small and yellow and ready to fly.
The noise level of Spark vs. Mavic has been measured (on Youtube). The Spark is quieter. You may be a few meters away / up in the air to actually notice the difference, esp. as the noise frequencies are different.

The measured difference is larger than the 4 dB difference announced for the new Mavic Platinum.

Indeed found some videos that show :
dBs over baseline @25/50/100 feet :
Mavic : 13/9/2.5
Spark : 9/8.5/3

Mavic :
Spark :

Spark is quieter, by the measurements, but the frequency is higher. The smaller props turn faster, make a higher pitched buzz which can be perceived as louder.

Reactions: Hickeroar
Yep - pretty much YRMV as everyone's hearing can be different. Bit of night flying with the Spark last evening and did another back to back with MP and to my ears the Spark is significantly more 'loud or obvious - it's likely the higher freq. I have a MPP on order but don't anticipate it to be much different than my MP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef