Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not recording to SD card

Thomas Coffey

Join
May 13, 2018
It's been a while since I've flown the Spark. My girlfriend is building a house and I've been trying to get footage of the different stages of the building process but when I try to record video I get nothing recorded to the SD card. I've tried several different hi quality cards and formatted the cards in the Spark. When back at home, the DCIM and MISC files are on the card but no video or picture files at all. I try to record both video and still pictures. Thankfully I have the Spark set to record the video portion in the cache of the phone also so I do have some of the footage. It has done this both times I have went out. The last time, I recorded about 10 minutes of video and only 3 minutes ended up on my phone. Tried a test record again when I got home just in the house without flying and I still couldn't get it to record to the card. Is there a setting or something I might be missing that anyone could think of?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I haven't had this experience, but I have had issues recording to a card that I've had to perform disk repairs on. What class cards are you using? Are these cards larger than 64GB? I have heard there may be issues recording to larger cards and users manual states the Spark supports up to 64GB. Just a thought...

Your troubleshooting was very thorough -- surprised those steps didn't fix it.

You mentioned quality cards - I only use U3 to avoid any transfer speed limitations. As mentioned above cards over 64gb don't always work.

You didn't mention if you tried a second computer to read the files. Maybe the one you tried has a faulty card reader or missing a driver. I'd try to read those SD card files in a different computer just to see what happens.

Hope that helps you figure it out!

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
I have this probleem als Otten, what i do when it turks up is to push the sd cart in and out when the spark is turner on.
This fuxed my problem

Are making sure to stop recording in the DJI Go 4 app prior to powering down the Spark. If you shut the Spark off before stopping recording that may be why nothing is showing (just a guess).

Reactions: Andre Levite
I advice you to use a good SD, i have a fake PNY SD card and I have lot of problem too to make photo and video, if you won't to buy an expensive SD card buy a SanDisk extreme 32 it cost about $15

Are making sure to stop recording in the DJI Go 4 app prior to powering down the Spark. If you shut the Spark off before stopping recording that may be why nothing is showing (just a guess).
Is there a way to retrieve the video if you power down before you quit recording?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme