Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not so sparky after landing in water

SparkyArt

Join
Aug 13, 2019
One month old drone went for a dip in the River (brackish). . . so I am hoping to still be a drone pilot if anyone has the RX on getting her back in the air. Tried drying it out , waited a few days . .but nope. No light goes on when I try to charge it. I did not spend the $ to insure it and, well, I am reevaluating that choice of course. Is there anything I can do or has anyone have experience to share?

It just took off , It may have been the wind that disoriented it, but it just hovered over the river for a while and then headed back, but not before it hit some low grasses and took a less than a second dip as I jumped in after it, just missed grabbing it out of the air. :oops:

Reactions: Andre Levite
Ow. By "brackish" you mean salty? Electronic things do not like salt: conductive and corrosive, especially in the presence of voltages.

There might be a log file on your micro SD card, if the brackish water did not destroy that too. If it survived, the wizards at DJI or even here, can figure out what went wrong during the flight.

Sorry to hear what happened.

Salty water + electricity has predictable adverse effects on circuit boards. The damage is often immediate so the device usually requires major repair or replacement. DJI will give an estimate if you send it in.

I’ve seen a few people get lucky after brief contact and thorough drying. Especially if battery was removed right away and no attempts to power on for days. Sounds like you’ve done all you can short of sending it to the pros for estimate.

Best of luck.

***I’ve got a spare Spark to sell if you need to replace it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme