Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark on a plane Travel in Europe

ZenSpark

Join
Aug 29, 2018
How about taking your drone on a travel? I will go to Mallorca, it's an island from Spain with Raynair, can I take this with me on the plane? Thanks!

That’s the worries i have, can you take the (3x) battery with you on the plane? Normally I will go only with hand luggage... So all with me, drone and 3 battery :)
My experience: Nobody cared, inbound nor outbound. I had 2 batteries in my handluggage, went through the security scans without a problem. I travelled within Europe (Schengen), might be different when flying in from outside Europe.

Reactions: ZenSpark
Hello. When flying with spark I would recommend always carrying it on to avoid the airport losing it in your luggage as I'm sure everyone knows happens quite frequently. As for the batteries, you can carry on as many as you like, given the batteries are under 100 Wh each. Spark batteries are only 16.87 Wh

My experience: Nobody cared, inbound nor outbound. I had 2 batteries in my handluggage, went through the security scans without a problem. I travelled within Europe (Schengen), might be different when flying in from outside Europe.
Great. Thanks for letting me know!

Hi from Spain.

No problem at all, but you have to carry the batteries in the hand luggage up to 120 W all together so 3 Spark batteries are no problem.

Enjoy Mallorca and send us some footage!
Hi from belgium!

Ok, I will take them with me!

How do you fly in Spain / Mallorca? I have Read that you can't fly over the beach, but I want to do that on those little beaches between Rocks, I think you call them 'calle'? :)

Belgium has a lot of ristrictions.. We can only fly 10m high and..

How about taking your drone on a travel? I will go to Mallorca, it's an island from Spain with Raynair, can I take this with me on the plane? Thanks!
Hey!
i live in the UK and so far my spark has come with me to France, Iceland, Greece, Italy, Spain - no issues with BA flights.
I have a specfic drone carry case, that has spark + 4 batteries and other bits, never been an issue.

Hey!
i live in the UK and so far my spark has come with me to France, Iceland, Greece, Italy, Spain - no issues with BA flights.
I have a specfic drone carry case, that has spark + 4 batteries and other bits, never been an issue.
Wow great to hear this! Always in your hand luggage? I will take the foam box for the Spark with 3 batteries and a other lunch box for my controller :)
Thanks for the reply!

Just flown out and back from Exeter to Gran Canaria and no problems whatsoever. 3 spark batts in Lipo bags, spark in dedicated drone case and all taken on board as hand luggage. With a Zhiyun smooth 4 too [emoji41]
Flying with TUI btw

Just flown out and back from Exeter to Gran Canaria and no problems whatsoever. 3 spark batts in Lipo bags, spark in dedicated drone case and all taken on board as hand luggage. With a Zhiyun smooth 4 too [emoji41]
Flying with TUI btw
Nice! Only question, should i get 3 lipo bags?

Goto Amazon, search spark Lipo bags and you can buy them to hold 2 batts so you'll need 2 bags and an excuse to get another batt [emoji57]

I just came back from vacation from poland to madrid. In poland and madrid all was fine. No problems. I have fly more combo pack. I just use Drone befour flight that batery level is 0%. Pack everything in case and on airport open to check. No lipo safe bags anything. Also traveling with Ryanair. Please check flight zones on mallorca. I was on Malaga and there i cant flight on Beach. Use UAV Forecast For checking place you travel

I just came back from vacation from poland to madrid. In poland and madrid all was fine. No problems. I have fly more combo pack. I just use Drone befour flight that batery level is 0%. Pack everything in case and on airport open to check. No lipo safe bags anything. Also traveling with Ryanair. Please check flight zones on mallorca. I was on Malaga and there i cant flight on Beach. Use UAV Forecast For checking place you travel
Good to know! Thanks for telling me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis