Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RC gimbal wheel lag?

Stickboy

Join
Jul 16, 2017
Hi all

First flight with the Spark yesterday - amazing (my reference is a Hubsan H107C). The Spark is all that I hoped and expected. Except from maybe one thing: tilting the gimbal with the wheel on the RC was very laggy on my iPhone 5S screen - actually not really usable... Is this normal? Or is my phone just too old? Should I expect this to be fixed when my OTG cable arrives? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Morten

Hi all

First flight with the Spark yesterday - amazing (my reference is a Hubsan H107C). The Spark is all that I hoped and expected. Except from maybe one thing: tilting the gimbal with the wheel on the RC was very laggy on my iPhone 5S screen - actually not really usable... Is this normal? Or is my phone just too old? Should I expect this to be fixed when my OTG cable arrives? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Morten
With the phone control, it is not great in any case, too sensitive. With the RC it improves and the control can be better but another problem remains, it is wifi based. So if you are remote, it usually go nicely. If there are more other wifi activities around you, then it become laggy and usually you go too fare in your change. When it becomes laggy, then I go small touch by small touch, waiting to see if the correction is ok.

The gimbal control is disappointing.

I found it is best to use an absolute control for the angle, as that does not depend on lag. However, there is only one mode for that: tilting the phone in operation w/o RC.

IMHO, the gimbal wheel should have acted like a mouse wheel changing the tilt angle (maybe a clicking wheel). Second best solution is to tap the tilt icons on the phone screen, even with RC and gimbal wheel.

With a bit of training, one may actually use the gimbal wheel to increment/decrement the tilt angle, one by one, using small pushes only. There also seems to be a mode to drag the tilt angle on the phone screen (blue symbol). Somehow, I cannot get it to work anymore ;)

Reactions: His415
Okay - sounds like this is normal. Any experience with OTG cable improving this? (Not that it matters much if DJI is planning on removing this option...)

Cannot really says if it improved but that remove one source of interference, so cannot be bad.
I have seen no evidence that they plan to remove it, that would be a nice autogoal.

Just to follow up - I tried with an OTG cable (and iPhone in flight mode). No percievable lag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio