Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RC WIFI Connection Issue

I had already purchased an OTG cable to use but all the posts I read and videos I watch have too many instances where using the current DJI GO4 app version and an OTG cable somehow does not give the flight telemetry info for speed, altitude, and distance. I really just want this drone to just hook up and go flying but has had issues to some extent every time I try.

What I've found is that I cannot allow the Spark or controller to connect to my phone via wifi if I want to use the OTG cable. When I had problems with my OTG cable I noticed that I was also connected to my phone via wifi, causing a conflict. OTG worked fine when I disconnected the wifi connection. I am using just the stock GO4 app, latest firmware.

What I've found is that I cannot allow the Spark or controller to connect to my phone via wifi if I want to use the OTG cable. When I had problems with my OTG cable I noticed that I was also connected to my phone via wifi, causing a conflict. OTG worked fine when I disconnected the wifi connection. I am using just the stock GO4 app, latest firmware.
Thanks for replying. I have been trying to install/run the modded app for a couple hours but doesnt seem to play nicely with a specific process in my lg g4 android phone. So maybe I will try your method tomorrow sometime. Thanks again

Do you just use Airplane Mode to shut your wifi off when set up the way you described?

Hi Rob,

I had similar experience to you when connecting the RC after upgrading to the latest Go 4 app and firmware. I had to re-pair the RC with the Spark (I use Android LG Phone and OTG). Then I found all flight telemetry was not showing up on the phone and many of the features were either not available or did not operate i.e setting RTH altitude, Advanced gesture mode etc.

Whilst making a short (low and close) test flight, the Spark disconnected, shortly after disconnect the Go 4 App crashed. RTH did function but to the factory preset altitude. Now have an open case with DJI Support and waiting for them to get back to me. Did get the spark to reconnect after a reboot of the Go 4 App but by then was down to critical battery. Spark luckily was ok and only my nerves were frayed.

Well, after a few attempts to install the modded DJI GO4 app without success I just reverted back to using the official version. I still have to follow this sequence: 1) power up Spark, 2) power up RC, once the RC goes Green I have to shut it down and re-power it. Within a few seconds the RC is recognized by my mobile device's WIFI. I then open the app and all is well (with the exception of waiting through the version checks, etc. Everything functions as normal (or at least as well as it ever will I suppose).

Now I am out to find some type of video editing software that will run on my 7 yr old HP All-In-One Touch Smart 600 desktop using the Nvidia GeForce 200 with a puny 64 Mb RAM! Couldn't run Davinci Resolve and I have to scale Hitfilm project parameters way down to be able to even start and it is very choppy when editing. This Christmas present is costing me big time!! Lol!

Not the optimal solution for connecting the spark with the RC, but glad to hear that everything functions normal. :)

Im flying without the rc and im having the same issue with a new phone i got.My s7 Edge it connects right away and ready to fly,my google pixel,i have to renter sparks password each time and hope it connects

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis