Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG not working with iPhone 11

KiwiBob

Join
Aug 8, 2021
I have an iPhone 11 and it connects perfectly to my DJI controller using Wi-Fi.

I have followed the instructions I've viewed in many video tutorials regarding the correct sequence for turning on devices and hooking up the OTG cable.

1/ Power up Spark
2/ Power up Remote control
3/ Wait for green led connection
4/Turn on iPhone
5/ Start DJI Go 4 app
6/Plug in OTG to Controller then iPhone.

When i do all the above the DJI Go 4 app stays disconnected.
I also observe that the Controller white LEDs flash as if it was hooked into a charger.

Can anybody help me with this?

Have you searched for your remote control in WiFi settings on your phone?
I have noticed that mine doesn't connect automatically for some reason

Have you searched for your remote control in WiFi settings on your phone?
I have noticed that mine doesn't connect automatically for some reason
My Wi-Fi on my iPhone is turned off. Actually the iPhone is also in Air Plane mode. It just wont connect to the USB other than in charge mode

Maybe Change up ur sequence?
I'm an android user, but this is the sequence I use to fly :
Turn on phone and connect via otg to controller.
Power up drone
Turn on remote after drone does its self check
DJI Go automatically fires up after remote and drone connect
Wait for satellites
Fly
Works every time unless I use a different sequence.
Also....must be an otg cable....just any old cable won't work
Good luck & happy flying🛸

Last edited:
My Wi-Fi on my iPhone is turned off. Actually the iPhone is also in Air Plane mode. It just wont connect to the USB other than in charge mode
You do need to turn your WiFi on otherwise it won't connect to the Rc
Connect your USB and the Wi-Fi I'm not sure about airplane mode on IPhone but on my s20 I can turn on WiFi and airplane mode to save any messages or calls coming in disturbing the gps signal without WiFi you cannot access the video stream
Hope this helps

I have followed the instructions I've viewed in many video tutorials regarding the correct sequence for turning on devices and hooking up the OTG cable.

1/ Power up Spark
4/Turn on iPhone
5/ Start DJI Go 4 app

I also observe that the Controller white LEDs flash as if it was hooked into a charger.

Hi - I use an older iPhone 7, and the steps you listed work for me. do you have an older iPhone model you can try it on?

You do need to turn your WiFi on otherwise it won't connect to the Rc
I disagree. I think if connecting with an OTG cable, your wifi should be off. It does not use it to connect to the controller.

I notice with my iPhone XS the order sequence doesn't matter. Like most things Apple it just works. However I have had cords go bad though.

Also....must be an otg cable....just any old cable won't work
Yes. OTG cables have a connection, a grounding of sorts, between two lines to indicate they are an OTG cable without this the connection will not work on the spark remote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks everyone. We are currently in a Covid 19 lockdown which will most likely continue for another 7 days.
I will purchase another cable when Im able and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone. We are currently in a Covid 19 lockdown which will most likely continue for another 7 days.
I will purchase another cable when Im able and see how it goes.
Hi all I have flown a spark for a bit over a year and have never turned wifi off mainly because I forget too , haven’t had any problems yet ,and have always used a cable connection , this discussion has made me wonder if the cable failed would the wifi kick in and prevent a connection fail Best regards Engie.

Your phone is charging your RC . IT should be opposite. You are using a wrong otg cable.

1/ Power up Spark
4/Turn on iPhone
5/ Start DJI Go 4 app

Hi Kiwi Bob hope not to confuse things but I have had my spare for about two years , and I have always turned everything the exact opposite meaning Spark last . Not suggesting I am right but I have felt that if Spark for some reason decided to take off on its own I would have connection, whereas if Spark decided to take off and fly away by the time I connected iPad and Controller up it would be to late . Hopefully you can solve your problem. Best Regards. Engie.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast