Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Remote Controller dis/charging issues

arx.aerial77

Join
Jul 17, 2020
Greetings fellow Spark Pilots

I'm a new spark owner from Indonesia.

hoping to find some help.
so straight to the point, so long story short i bought a second hand Spark RC as a spare for my main Combo Controller. my intentions are to modified it but still hoping to be able to use it normally after.

i already disassemble it, and check the status of the battery as the previous owner stated that the controller had battery issue. as it turns out the battery is fine as far as i know how to check it, the issue is when i try to charge the controller by plugging a charger via the usb port ( the port is also in good condition) the controller is discharging instead of charging the battery, at a faster rate too.

tried many perfectly working cable, use the spark charging adaptor, use a QC 2.0 and QC 3.0 charger adapter with similar results, the lights light up in sequence as if its charging but instead of increasing the led lights it decreased an eventually fully discharge to 0% and there is a significant heat coming from the bottom of the RC ( upon disassembling it again, the heatsink on the main board is hot to the touch, not warm but hot).

step i tried in attempt to resolve it :
- using spark default charging cable and adapter.
- downgrade the RC firmware
- unplugged the battery and charging the battery with an external charger up to around 60%. plugging it in again and charging the RC agin through the port.
- cooling it with a fan while charging
all to no avail.

hoping someone can help me out with a solution to repair it.

apologies for the long post, and thank you beforehand.

as always #staysafe #stayhealthy

I'm sure you tried to get your money back. The sellers a crook and the one thing you can do at this point is to expose him. I hope someone can give you some answers..lots of genuine good guys who know what they're talking about on the forum.

Have you tried with a new battery ?

I can only think there is a corrosion issue from water damage
Have you tried using electrical contact cleaner on the IC board and connectors

I'm sure you tried to get your money back. The sellers a crook and the one thing you can do at this point is to expose him. I hope someone can give you some answers..lots of genuine good guys who know what they're talking about on the forum.

I didn't try to get my money back as i bought it really cheap around US$ 20.

Also my primary intention are to dismantling it for a modding project, but it wouldn't hurt to have it working somewhat properly.
And it worked fine apart from the heat problem and the charging problem, it connect fine to the spark, good signal and every button and dial works.

Also the seller comunicate with me very well, he's not sure what is wrong with it but he thinks its the battery, that is the reason he sold it dirt cheap.
So i knew what i was getting in to when i bought it but now i want to fix it.
So I don't really blame the seller I'm just trying to find if its possible to fix it.
Thanks for your concern. I agree this forum is a good community.

Last edited:
Have you tried with a new battery ?

I can only think there is a corrosion issue from water damage
Have you tried using electrical contact cleaner on the IC board and connectors
Have not try with a new battery but as i said the battery seems fine, it hold its charge quite normal as long as I don't try to charge it through the controller charging port.
I don't see any sign of any water damage but I'll look into it more i have a contact cleaner maybe ill use that.

Thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme