Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Solid Red

regardtnaude

Join
Jun 6, 2019
My Spark starts up in Solid Red Critical Error Mode. No WiFi, no USB connectivity.

Start-up is as follows --> Battery shows full voltage and lights make start up procedure yellow, green, red and props move around a little (but not every time and never the same prop(s)) and melodic sound and then solid red on all 4 (gimbal stands still during start-up but could be due to error found on ESC's before it can reach checking the Gimbal).

I've tried:
1. Reset WiFi by 9 sec press (also 3 & 6 sec hold-downs) - no beeping sound
2. Checked stickers inside for Red color and found 3 ESC's pinkish-red (it's a second hand drone)
3. Connecting via 3 different USB cables and 3 PC's with Memory Card attached but no USB device found.
4. Installed new Mid-Frame with new PDB
5. Installed new battery bought Online.
6. Disconnected Front 3D sensor and then drone starts up but an endless loop of yellow, green, red, yellow, green, red etc.
7. Main board has a typical blue number "6" marked on one side of the board as if it has been checked by a technician before.

My thoughts are:
a.) Could it be a bad new battery?
b.) Can the new PDB conflict with the main board that it only works with factory shipped version?
c.) Can it be the 3 pinkish-red ESC's that cause a Solid Red error? (btw have 2 new ESC's that I can install, thinking about disconnecting them 1 by 1 to see if error persists)
d.) A faulty mainboard that received an electric circuit short through water damage on previous battery (but are Spark's not known for first damaging a battery rather than the mboard? Drone came without battery)

I know I've posted about a month ago on the same issue but after checking again, the motherboard goes rather far into start up with beeping, prop spin and lights flashing to assume board is over hence still troubleshooting.

Will post some pictures.

I really appreciate your input on this matter.

Have you installed a different micro sd card? I had one that was bad and it made my Spark go crazy with random flashing lights. Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe