Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark - Tablet - Samsung Question

Scott C

Join
Feb 28, 2018
Loc
Phoenix, AZ
Ok I have been online for the past week looking at posts from here and everywhere else regarding using a Samsung tablet for my Spark.

I have seen the list of best tablets to use as well as the tablets supported by DJI.

Because I want to stay with Samsung (I have a note 8 I use now) I am looking for answers from this forum from people who are using Samsung Tablets with their drone with little or no issues.

If you would be so kind:

Samsung Tablet Model
Year
OTG or Not
Issues
App versions it works with

Notes: I have A Tablet holder for my remote and will use a Sunscreen

Thanks to those Samsung Tablet owners who take the time to respond.

SC

Last edited:
I have a Samsung Tab S2 and can only use it with WiFi. Have tested with OTG and it only works if I reboot the tablet in a special order when firing up the Spark. If something goes wrong during flying and I should have to restart GO4, then I would have to reboot the Tab S2 also. Too dangerous for me as I see it.

I have read here that more people had problems with this model. There are other that works, but I do not know which ones.

Samsung tab a 2118
Otg connection
Current version
No issues
Charge tablet fully before using because OTG connection will cause controller to charge tablet

Reactions: Eye_in_the _Sky
[QUOTE="OB TV, post: 71205, member: 13968"
Charge tablet fully before using because OTG connection will cause controller to charge tablet[/QUOTE]

I have read here that the direction of the OTG connection plug determines if you are charging. Have you tried that.

And thanks for replying to my original post.

I have a Samsung Tab S2 and can only use it with WiFi. Have tested with OTG and it only works if I reboot the tablet in a special order when firing up the Spark. If something goes wrong during flying and I should have to restart GO4, then I would have to reboot the Tab S2 also. Too dangerous for me as I see it.

I have read here that more people had problems with this model. There are other that works, but I do not know which ones.
Thanks for the information

Ok I have been online for the past week looking at posts from here and everywhere else regarding using a Samsung tablet for my Spark.

I have seen the list of best tablets to use as well as the tablets supported by DJI.

Because I want to stay with Samsung (I have a note 8 I use now) I am looking for answers from this forum from people who are using Samsung Tablets with their drone with little or no issues.

If you would be so kind:

Samsung Tablet Model
Year
OTG or Not
Issues

SC

Samsung Tab a 8 SM-T380 16GB WIFI
Year - 2018
OTG - Yes

128GB MicroSD

Issues - None as yet.

Trying to work out how to save my active flight data directly to my Micro SD?

If you would be so kind:

Samsung Tablet Model
Year
OTG or Not
Issues

SC
I use a Galaxy Tab A 8, T380. I dont use an OTG cable but i bought one in case i ever needed it. I have had NO issues whatsoever, but i have to admit i dont push the envelope on range. I have never used any flight software but DJI Go, so i dont know if it runs any other flight control software.

I have the screen brightness up all the way and i can see the screen if i put the controller in the shadow of my body, away from the sun.

Reactions: MarkBarnes
I use a tab E without problems originally otg didn't always connect but currently I plug in cable to trans and tab prior to turning trans or quad and as soon as transmitter links to qual it opens the go 4 app for me and connects Everytime. Never had a single drop while flying.

Not sure if that helps but works for me.

i,m using with no issues galaxy e tab is all i know to call it no issues at all but i fly in NM and very little interference it even works better with litchi with no OTG cable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast