Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark video and photo thread

Some really awesome work here people!! Love it, there's great inspiration. To those shooting in cities, do you not get dodgy looks from people or get in sh*t from anyone, FAA/CAA etc? I get a bit scared lol . I was in Venice, Verona and Lake Garda (Italy) back in August. Was only in Venice for a day but I went out about 8am but locals were already around and I got some iffy looks. I fired up the spark and the bloody da da da sound is so loud when everywhere else is silent! I got more funny looks, the app told me I was in a restricted area and I chickened out and powered down just after a couple low level selfie photos, not even any video :rolleyes:. I didn't really fancy having my drone confiscated on the 1st day abroad with it :oops: . Had it been now I'd have gone out MUCH earlier and flown it up dead quick but having a professional photography business it's a la bit dodgy as it's not going to be hard for any authorities to find out where I am if they wanted to. Can they hand out fines to people if they don't catch them in the act?

Anyways, I posted these in single posts before I saw this big thread (sorry).

Cheers

J

Reactions: Victoria and sohpg

Reactions: Victoria
Some really awesome work here people!! Love it, there's great inspiration. To those shooting in cities, do you not get dodgy looks from people or get in sh*t from anyone, FAA/CAA etc? I get a bit scared lol . I was in Venice, Verona and Lake Garda (Italy) back in August. Was only in Venice for a day but I went out about 8am but locals were already around and I got some iffy looks. I fired up the spark and the bloody da da da sound is so loud when everywhere else is silent! I got more funny looks, the app told me I was in a restricted area and I chickened out and powered down just after a couple low level selfie photos, not even any video :rolleyes:. I didn't really fancy having my drone confiscated on the 1st day abroad with it :oops: . Had it been now I'd have gone out MUCH earlier and flown it up dead quick but having a professional photography business it's a la bit dodgy as it's not going to be hard for any authorities to find out where I am if they wanted to. Can they hand out fines to people if they don't catch them in the act?

Anyways, I posted these in single posts before I saw this big thread (sorry).

Cheers

J

Oy!

Flying in urban areas is tricky, especially when you go to a foreign country where you don’t have local knowledge. Last month in Sri Lanka I was lucky enough to have a local driver who helped me figure out where I should and should not fly. You may notice in my video there is no aerial footage of Colombo downtown. I just did not want to risk it. We were staying next to a Finance ministry building and I noticed soldiers with automatic riffles and what not.
On the other hand, Spark is I belive the best drone on the market for urban flying. I do a fast launch and go to 20-30 meters in Sport mode, make my homepoint chenck there and once there, no one knows the drone is flying since its so small and light.

As for fines and stuff, I can tell you what the practice is in Croatia.

You as a foreigner will only get in trouble if you fly at a large planned event. There you can run into officials from the FAA. Other than that you need to be veeeery cursed to meet them in person. Regular police are mostly interested in what that is and would rather see their turf from the air than to fine you.

Biggest trouble for drone pilots here at the moment is if you are a local, make a commercial video or go viral in the news and then another proffesional turns you in since you are taking his business. And of course if you do something stupid like take a flag with you drone into a soccer match.

And last point, I would never dare take my drone up at main square or a huge tourist attraction but so many people here doband I haven’t heard anyone get caught or fined yet.

By the way, like your video! Is the framerate an artists touch or is my device doing the stuttering?

Reactions: Justin
What a great place to film! Did you take some nice photos with Spark there?! A 360 VR would be greaaaat!

Hi Daglas! Thanks for the info! You're right on not wanting to get busted in a foreign country haha my Italian sucks so didn't want to risk it too much.

The fairground movie is edited/cut to the beat of the track using premiere pro so yeh I meant it to look like that haha turn up the volume and enjoy it more!

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Hi Daglas! Thanks for the info! You're right on not wanting to get busted in a foreign country haha my Italian sucks so didn't want to risk it too much.

The fairground movie is edited/cut to the beat of the track using premiere pro so yeh I meant it to look like that haha turn up the volume and enjoy it more!

Sorry for the mixup, I was talking about the nature video, Somerset, not the amusement park. The frame rate there seems much lower sometimes than 30fps.

Sorry for the mixup, I was talking about the nature video, Somerset, not the amusement park. The frame rate there seems much lower sometimes than 30fps.

Ahhh yes the beginning clips were shot on my Canon 5dmk3 and 16-35mm f/2.8L and then used the spark. I slowed down some of the clips and others were stabilised using warp stabiliser combined with some zooming keyframed in :)

Hi!

My name is Markus and I am a total noob with drones! :)

This is my first video I made with the DJI Spark - be kind and enjoy :D

Best regards!!

I think you understand cinematography and video concepts better than most of the vids I see on here. Great job!

Hey guys,
Fairly new to the drone scene but have a bit of experience editing due to making loads of Kayaking videos......
Here is a quick video I done whilst on my lunch break.

Reactions: Victoria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit