Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark vs the setting sun

Undo

Join
Nov 21, 2017
Hey everyone

I got a small issue with the Spark. I like taking pictures of sunsets, and now I've got the SPark I can even make small movies. I do have an issue with it, and that is my Spark will not fly towards the setting sun :) The moment I turn it facing the sun, the obstacle alert comes up and the drone stops moving. The only way to get it going is disabling the obstacle detection.
Have you guys noticed a similar behavior?

Reactions: Sparkster
Hey everyone

I got a small issue with the Spark. I like taking pictures of sunsets, and now I've got the SPark I can even make small movies. I do have an issue with it, and that is my Spark will not fly towards the setting sun :) The moment I turn it facing the sun, the obstacle alert comes up and the drone stops moving. The only way to get it going is disabling the obstacle detection.

Yes, same issue with Mavic. I just disable obstacle avoidance and ensure I can see the aircraft at all times to manually avoid obstacles.

Reactions: Sparkster
Hey everyone

Yes - just turn OA off.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Agreed. Low light & bright sunlight can cause issues with OA. Turn it off at those times and turn it back on later.

IR obstacle sensors, the sun is the biggest IR source in the world...like an IR missile jammed with a flare

Hmmm... haven't had that problem yet but I have a lot of ground clutter and have to shoot from 100 feet.

IT CONFIRMS THAT too many sensory sensors are confused ... even when taking off and taking the photo for go to home precision if there is too much just nn to land at the exact point .. i tried to put the spark in the shadow and all resolved ok?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar