Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark W/Crystal Sky Setup - Issues?

JonU

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
SoCal
Hi there,

Moving up from scale helicopters and "toy" quad copters to the Spark. Picked up the Flymore pkg, and since I don't have an ipad, iphone, etc. I just went with the Crystal Sky 5.5. Originally was looking at the ipad mini w/cellular, but priced new, and since it will be a dedicated monitor and used for nothing else, decided to save a few bucks and get the CrystalSky. Also picked up an OTG cable and Mavmount as well.

Any issues I should be aware of with setting this rig up this weekend?
Thanks in advanced!

Reactions: Floyd-Spark
Hi, I have the Spark, CS 5.5 and other accessories (including Osmo+). I find the Mavic mount for the CS to spark is not ideal. I used to use an iPhone 6 and an OTg cable to connect to RC. Now I cannot use a cable due to the design of the Mavic mount and where you plug into Spark. So i am currently using wifi from CS to RC. I find the CS is great and I have added 2 64GB SD cards into the spare slots. I do find my range has been impacted however. I used to go 100m vertical with iPhone and otg before transmission issues, now with CS and wifi I get issues around 40m high. Happy to discuss more. Totally happy with Spark, CS, Osmo and all the accessories I have bought.

One more thing. When you are about to fly make sure you connect the CS to your mobile via hotspot to update the system time before flying. Then connect CS to RC. Otherwise I find the date for my vids and pics are all 2013, as the system does not know the actual time. I may not of explained that clearly. Whatbit means is when I drop the files on my PC to do vid editing and sort by date my files are not in chronological order.

I am looking forward to the new .700 firmware when it comes out. Spherical Pano should be awesome. Many people complaining about how long its taking to release. Not me. Take your time DJI and test it thoroughly. We spend big dollars so I support fully tested software on my kit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena