Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark wifi stops transmitting when paired to controller

dudleyjohn

Join
Jun 29, 2019
I can connect to my spark using wifi. I can connect to the DJI controller using wifi. But when I pair them, the wifi for the drone stops transmitting. Any idea why? What am I doing wrong? Can't find any tutorials on this issue.

I can connect to my spark using wifi. I can connect to the DJI controller using wifi. But when I pair them, the wifi for the drone stops transmitting. Any idea why? What am I doing wrong? Can't find any tutorials on this issue.

What makes you think the Spark WiFi isn’t transmitting if it is operating properly?!?

What makes you think the Spark WiFi isn’t transmitting if it is operating properly?!?
Well, I have learned that it is transmitting, but not broadcasting its SSID. I need that to connect to the Spark so I get the video feed, right? At any rate, when I connect to the controller, I'm not longer connected to the Spark with my phone or tablet.
It is fine, afaik. It should be like this, bc there’s no reason for drone WiFi to work, when it’s connected to RC.
I need the phone to be connected to the Spark's wifi to get the video feed through Go 4 or Litchi, right? What am I missing here?

There are two different ssid's, one is for phone to AC, the other is for phone to rc. The rc connects to the AC and is not visible. I hope this helps. If you follow the proper DJI connection sequence, in other words using RC you should have no problems.
PS, the phone to AC ssid disappears when connecting with RC! You will only see the ssid for phone to RC.

Last edited:
Well, I have learned that it is transmitting, but not broadcasting its SSID. I need that to connect to the Spark so I get the video feed, right? At any rate, when I connect to the controller, I'm not longer connected to the Spark with my phone or tablet.

I need the phone to be connected to the Spark's wifi to get the video feed through Go 4 or Litchi, right? What am I missing here?

That’s exactly how outs supposed to work.

ie: When your Spark WiFi is connected to the remote controller the aircraft will no longer appear on the phone’s WiFi list.

if you reboot and just turn on aircraft and phone you can directly connect again to WiFi of Spark with phone. That’s how you can control Spark using just phone instead of remote

Totally normal

There are two different ssid's, one is for phone to AC, the other is for phone to rc. The rc connects to the AC and is not visible. I hope this helps. If you follow the proper DJI connection sequence, in other words using RC you should have no problems.
PS, the phone to AC ssid disappears when connecting with RC! You will only see the ssid for phone to RC.
When I connect to the rc wifi, I don't get any video.

That’s exactly how outs supposed to work.

ie: When your Spark WiFi is connected to the remote controller the aircraft will no longer appear on the phone’s WiFi list.

if you reboot and just turn on aircraft and phone you can directly connect again to WiFi of Spark with phone. That’s how you can control Spark using just phone instead of remote

Totally normal
I have no problem using my phone to control the Spark. I want to use the rc.

I have no problem using my phone to control the Spark. I want to use the rc.

Yes. I understand that.

I was explaining how it works in various configurations for better understanding of the WiFi behavior.

Are you not able to connect Spark and RC and phone all at the same time and operate the aircraft using RC while viewing the video feed?!?

Yes. I understand that.

I was explaining how it works in various configurations for better understanding of the WiFi behavior.

Are you not able to connect Spark and RC and phone all at the same time and operate the aircraft using RC while viewing the video feed?!?
That is correct. Same thing with my tablet. Both are Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar