Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark will not return to

eliljegren

Join
Nov 18, 2019
Hello,

Newbie spark owner. I can’t get my spark to return to home. I can fly it around but it is not working like a drone it is working like a quad copter. What am I doing wrong?

thank you for any ideas!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland eliljegren.

Are you holding down the RTH button on the remote until it beeps?

Just tapping the button doesn't activate RTH.

You should be able to tap the screen and acknowledge the confirmation via the Go4 app too.

I assume the Home Point was established before left off and you have enough satellites for the Spark for it to come home.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Another (i know, not very spectacular) suggestion.
As a 'real' pilot i'm used to always relay on manuals. Therefore... dwnload the spark manual via djigo4app and study it carefully. You may not be very enthusiastic but i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun and succes with your sparkybird !

Are you in beginner mode? I found that the drone just lands where it is when in beginner mode and is signaled to return-to-home.

Reactions: Engie
The book says: be in GPS mode, take off and rise straight up at least 26 feet. you should hear "Home point updated". Your good to go.
Sparky records the GPS position and takes a picture of the take-off point into memory. When returning home if the GPS position is off somewhat then Sparky uses the bottom camera to try and match the take off point. Taking off of a target or piece of cardboard with a target drawn on it will help sometimes just grass or flat dirt does not have enough visible structure for Sparky to recognize. Sparky will usually land within just a few inches from take-off point when done this way. I'm using the controller and android s-9 phone with OTG cable. No failures yet (1.5 years) Make sure you have a green Ready to Fly on your controller before relying on RTH.

less than 30m or 100ft and Spark just lands, no RTH . This can cause big problems if you not expecting it.

less than 30m or 100ft and Spark just lands, no RTH . This can cause big problems if you not expecting it.
Good point Hotwire. I would also add that if less than 20m (but more than 3m) from the home point the bird can still RTH if the "RTH at Current Altitude" option is enabled. I find this extra handy when flying around water. Of course the current altitude and obstacles need to be considered carefully when using this option however.

Good point Hotwire. I would also add that if less than 20m (but more than 3m) from the home point the bird can still RTH if the "RTH at Current Altitude" option is enabled. I find this extra handy when flying around water. Of course the current altitude and obstacles need to be considered carefully when using this option however.
Not that anyone does this but you should read the instructions before using a new device.
Secondly watch your instruments and know where they are. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme