Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark with ipad mini 4

All iPads have GPS whether they are cellular or not. The difference is the local maps need to be downloaded with a connection to the internet, (WiFi or Cellular), and then they will be there for use without a connection.

All iPads have GPS whether they are cellular or not. The difference is the local maps need to be downloaded with a connection to the internet, (WiFi or Cellular), and then they will be there for use without a connection.
Only cellular iPad models contain a GPS receiver.

Perhaps you're referring to an Internet connection? GPS is not required on the mobile device to see the map and/or the location of the Spark on the map. That location comes from the Spark's internal GPS receiver.

Only cellular iPad models contain a GPS receiver.

Perhaps you're referring to an Internet connection? GPS is not required on the mobile device to see the map and/or the location of the Spark on the map. That location comes from the Spark's internal GPS receiver.
OK, so how does it know where you are with no GPS receiver?

OK, so how does it know where you are with no GPS receiver?
The Spark does not know where you are unless your mobile device contains a GPS receiver. It's only able to tell where the Spark is currently located (or where it has been previously).

Reactions: Sparkbart
The Spark does not know where you are unless your mobile device contains a GPS receiver. It's only able to tell where the Spark is currently located (or where it has been previously).
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my question. This is getting confusing. I asked how does a WiFi only iPad know where it is without a GPS receiver. Also, doesn't the Spark have GPS as well? If not, how could you fly it using a non-cellular iPad? I fly my Spark using the DJI controller and an iPhone X. Plenty of GPS there.

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my question. This is getting confusing. I asked how does a WiFi only iPad know where it is without a GPS receiver. Also, doesn't the Spark have GPS as well? If not, how could you fly it using a non-cellular iPad? I fly my Spark using the DJI controller and an iPhone X. Plenty of GPS there.
The Spark has the Gps , your ipad or phone only needs wifi.

Thanks for that, but I still don't know how a non-cellular iPad knows where it is when it's not on WiFi. Of course that has nothing to do with Spark.

The Spark has GPS and "knows" where it (the Spark) is.
The WIFi only iPad doesn't have GPS. So functions that require GPS on the mobile device will not function.
The iPhone X, of course, has GPS. Different situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme