Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sparky at the Sandhills

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Had some great weather and a low tide to fly in an area known as the Conway Sandhills about 20min from home. These sandhills and others like it form a group of sand dunes/wetlands that stretch 50km along the north shore of Prince Edward Island.

and a few pics from the day, downsized 50%.

conway_sandhills_50_1.jpg

conway_sandhills_50_2.jpg

conway_sandhills_50_3.jpg

conway_sandhills_50_4.jpg

Thanks Jerry, yes with the tide low like that the effect is nice. This area is about as close as the sandhills get to the coastline. There's another area at the northern tip of the chain that I want to try and get but it may be tricky to get to. Where there's a will there's a way. Cheers!

Beautiful dunes and REALLY smooth flying. Topped off with well chosen music. Enjoyed the video and stills RotorWash. The sky alone was gorgeous that day. Loved the look, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: RotorWash
Beautiful dunes and REALLY smooth flying. Topped off with well chosen music. Enjoyed the video and stills RotorWash. The sky alone was gorgeous that day. Loved the look, thank you.
Thanks very much DJ! Holes in the cloud cover allowed some strong light to hit the sand and water in some interesting ways. There's never enough batteries when Mother Nature wants to play nice! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317
Zzzzzz the music reduced pressure and the footage inspired. A perfect combination. I know you are remote but not a human in sight-you are soooo lucky. I thought you might be toying with us by including some sandhill cranes but on review they are grey herons. Great stuff.

Thank you twickers14! I drove 2.5miles down a single-lane dirt road to get to the spot I wanted, figuring it was going to be just me and nature but as I get there I notice a camper and campsite all set up with a few people, lol. Did you notice the bird flying under Sparky at @1:28? I'm 98.5% sure it's a bald eagle, which are not uncommon here, such majestic flyers they are.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Spot on with the baldie. They have a small group down in Naples FL would you believe-permanent residents but they are apparently smaller than your northern version.

Wow.... majestic!!
Great location, great video, and great editing... perfect.
Thanks for sharing RotorWash.. really really enjoyed it.
Cheers mate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex