Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sphere mode for Spark

SparkyUrs

Join
Sep 27, 2019
Hi everybody

Newby with a spark. Knowing the basics now. But very interested in that spectacular new spheric mode with this turning magic ball...
Didnt find in ytmovies a step by step checklist to finally get that magic ball. What i did find out is how to start pano/sphere automated recording but nothing about stitching and converting recorded pics to that ball[emoji848][emoji852] Could anybody deliver kind of a checklist for it ? Tks very much.

Once you take the 96(? not sure if that is the correct number) pictures, you view it on the Go4 app and it will stitch them together. I've only did this once, so if someone has better instruction, please chime in.

Once you take the 96(? not sure if that is the correct number) pictures, you view it on the Go4 app and it will stitch them together. I've only did this once, so if someone has better instruction, please chime in.

This is the easiest method. Once the Spark has finished taking photos for the 360 degree pano, just land it and then without turning off the Spark go to the gallery on the Go4 app and select the pano photo. The app then stitches the photos together. It does take a while, so make sure you have sufficient battery at the time of landing. ~20% should be good in my opinion. After the app has finished stitching, download the image on your phone. Now install an app called Theta+ on your phone and open the image. The Theta+ app lets you share the sphere panorama in different forms. I think the one which the OP is asking about is called Tiny Planet.

Uffhh... ive tried pano/sphere today in perfect flying weather, my spark shot those 46 pics perfectly, 3times on different locations, but then...

Download to my Samsung 8+ did not work properly ("dwnld not successful, try again"). After about 5 attempts 1 download/sphere creation was successful.
I tried to download pano to another device via DJI GO 4app (Samsung tablet S2) with same problem [emoji3064][emoji26]. My conclusion: my handling seems to be correct bec once it worked, so must be a technical bug...
Any hints to solve the problem !?

Just found this older thread. I've not personally had success getting the DJI app to process any 360 Pano once I get that error. Essentially I consider that image set to be broken, which is why (battery permitting) I always try to take two or three 360 Panos while I'm in the mood. I get the error message maybe once every 6 or 8 360 pano shots I try to make.

Now, you still have access to the 46 original stills even if the DJI app fails to stitch them. If you have a Window PC you can use a free Microsoft app called Image Composite Editor. This will stitch the pics for you, and then give you a variety of ways to manipulate the new panorama. One of them is called "Stereographic", once selected, click and hold the cursor on the middle of your stitched image. Drag the mouse up and it warps the image, wrapping it into the Little Planet.

Occasionally ICE won't recognize how to place all the images, especially if you're over the top of something very regular, like water or unbroken tree tops. Too many of the downward images look identical so it ignores them. When you follow the above steps you might have a roughly circular hole in the middle of your new Little Planet image. Luckily, on the next step you'll be given a button called "Auto Complete", and generally it nicely fills in the missing area using images from the surrounding area.

This is the method I typically use for creating Little Planet images. I only use the DJI Go4 app to auto-stitch them so I can make immersive 360 shots to upload to Facebook, where you can move your mouse (or tip your phone) to view in all directions. Essentially it gives the person viewing the image the same control to look in any direction as though they were themselves the drone, hovering high in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme