Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Start Routine (Check list)

Paul215

Join
Nov 6, 2018
Loc
Germany
Hi guys,
I want to glue a small check list in my spark case to prevent failures and flyaways. I would like to hear if you have some important points to add or modifications on my list.

Restart mobile
Airplane-mode (friends too)
Turn off smartwatch
Unfold Spark props
Start Remote
Start spark
Connect OTG - cabel (or wifi)
Start Go4
Check Compass
Wait for strong GPS
Homepoint set??
Take off
Fly just upwards until 7m (precision landing)
Hover for around 30s
Have fun :)

Don't forget to take off all your clothes, and use some gloves. :)

I'm joking. It's a very good list.
I would only add, remove gimbal protection (I use it while spark is in its case).

Hi guys,
I want to glue a small check list in my spark case to prevent failures and flyaways. I would like to hear if you have some important points to add or modifications on my list.

Restart mobile
Turn off smartwatch
Unfold Spark props
Start Remote
Start spark
Start Go4
Check Compass
Wait for strong GPS
Homepoint set??
Take off
Hover for around 30s

My checklist is almost identical.

I've added before takeoff:
Attach ND or polarising filter
Confirm SD card inserted
Turn up device Brightness 100%
Turn up device Volume 100%
Set manual WB (sunny/cloudy)
Set manual shutter speed

It all becomes reflexive with regular flying but easy to forget a step if it's been a while. Cheers!

Reactions: JREESY and Paul215
I put a list on the edges of my mini4.

The left hand and lower right side is a conversion chart for metric / U.S. units.

The top right is my preflight checklist.

iPad mini4 flight deck.jpg

Reactions: Paul215 and Mikej
Hey thanks for all the hints! I will add them to my list! Here is my check list 2.0:

Pre-Pre-flight :)
Check UAV Forecast (wind, KP)
SD-Card on board?
Battery loaded?

Spark Check:
SD-Card?
Remove Gimbal protection
Unfold props
Attach filters

Phone/tablet check:
Restart phone
Airplane mode
Check for other interference sources (smartwatch, friends mobile)
Brightness 100%
Volume 100%

Starting process:
Turn on remote, then spark
Connect everything
Check Compass
Wait for strong GPS
Homepoint set?
Take off
Hover for around 30s
Go sparking :)

Maybe some will say the list is fussy :) Normally I remember the most of the thinks when I go flying. But last flight I was with some colleagues (was nervous) and made many mistakes. Wish I had a list at this moment...

Reactions: McCloudSpark
I put a list on the edges of my mini4.

The left hand and lower right side is a conversion chart for metric / U.S. units.

The top right is my preflight checklist.

View attachment 8486

Great idea with the ipad! What is the reason for the conversion chart? Units in Go4 not changeable?

Hi guys,

Restart mobile
Turn off smartwatch
Unfold Spark props
Start Remote
Start spark
Start Go4
Check Compass
Wait for strong GPS
Homepoint set??
Take off
Hover for around 30s
I turn off bluetooth and wifi...........and airplane mode off....
and it works... is that proper and correct?

Great idea with the ipad! What is the reason for the conversion chart? Units in Go4 not changeable?

Some are, but not all, at the time I made the list.

I think some improvements have been made with past updates by showing the conversion in parentheses.

Great ideas and great list.

I must add the sunshade I bought a few days before, because here sun is very strong, and iPad has a limited brightness.

And as Andre said, don't forget to check UAV Forecast, before even leave for a flight.

Does anyone have used the "DJI pre flight checklist" app?

Reactions: Paul215
Great list!
It seems like a good habit to also make sure the battery is well latched and install the battery clip if you have one.
I also routinely inspect the props.

I turn off bluetooth and wifi...........and airplane mode off....
and it works... is that proper and correct?
My phone is an Android device.... When I put it in airplane mode it automatically turns off everything including Bluetooth and wifi. Of course you need wifi on to connect your rc

Hey thanks for all the hints! I will add them to my list! Here is my check list 2.0:

Pre-Pre-flight :)
Check UAV Forecast (wind, KP)
SD-Card on board?
Battery loaded?

Spark Check:
SD-Card?
Remove Gimbal protection
Unfold props
Attach filters

Phone/tablet check:
Restart phone
Airplane mode
Check for other interference sources (smartwatch, friends mobile)
Brightness 100%
Volume 100%

Starting process:
Turn on remote, then spark
Connect everything
Check Compass
Wait for strong GPS
Homepoint set?
Take off
Hover for around 30s
Go sparking :)

Maybe some will say the list is fussy :) Normally I remember the most of the thinks when I go flying. But last flight I was with some colleagues (was nervous) and made many mistakes. Wish I had a list at this moment...
Hi. I think you forgot one of the most important pre-check. That's altitude setting for RTH according to your PRESENT environment. I found myself in very scarry situation where standard 30m was not enough...
For almost all the rest the plane warns you, but not for this one...

Hi. I think you forgot one of the most important pre-check. That's altitude setting for RTH according to your PRESENT environment. I found myself in very scarry situation where standard 30m was not enough...
For almost all the rest the plane warns you, but not for this one...
Jep you are right! I will add it, too. Thank you!

Reactions: JREESY
We had great weather yesterday so I went flying. First time with new checklist and also tried precision landing for the first time. I startet from a helipad, go to 7m, hover 20s and then start flying. When my battery reached 40% I hit RTH. Sparky first went to RTH altitude and then came back. But in the beginning of landing it was around 2m aside the helipad. After reaching the VPS altitude sparky start to correct itself and landed perfekt in the inner circle of the pad.... Awesome!

Reactions: Spark 317
We had great weather yesterday so I went flying. First time with new checklist and also tried precision landing for the first time. I startet from a helipad, go to 7m, hover 20s and then start flying. When my battery reached 40% I hit RTH. Sparky first went to RTH altitude and then came back. But in the beginning of landing it was around 2m aside the helipad. After reaching the VPS altitude sparky start to correct itself and landed perfekt in the inner circle of the pad.... Awesome!
It's great when things work as advertised :)

My RTH experiences have all been similar. I'm sure that I am pressing my luck by using it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502