Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Suffering, double dose of PMS (and Makker Play Sensors)

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Winter doesn't even start till tomorrow, officially, and I'm already suffering a double dose of PMS (Parked Multi-rotor syndrome and Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). Daily high temperatures are barely making it to the mid -teens (Celsius) and the only time I seem to get out is to clear snow from the driveway. :(

Actually, for the lsat few weeks I've been getting out to a local schllo auditorium with the local RC Modelling Club to do some indoor flying. While it's nice to get Sparky air-born, it does not present a huge challenge. Flying my toy drone, which can do a few acrobatic maneuvers, is almost more fun. But you can only do so many flips before that starts to get old too.

Then I saw these things:1576867257343.png

The three teardrop shaped items are sensors that talk to an app on your phone via bluetooth, and the round item is a IR transmiiter that you attach to your drone, or whatever. The idea is to set up a course, on the ground, with the three sensors as waypoints. With the transmitter on the drone activated you can time yourself around the course via the App on the phone. Good practice for precision flying maybe? Compete with others even? Anybody out there familiar with these things?

Link to the manufacturer's web site: Makkerplay sensor - gamify your world

And here's the Youtube video where I first saw them. What do you think?

Snowmobiling may be an option? ? :)
Too many toys already, running out of room in the garage. (5 motorcycles, a car and sundry other things) Actually, we have considered it (the snowmobile), but declined. Car can't pull any kind of trailer (unfortunately), though I'll bet the Goldwing could, but then there is the snow...forget that thought.

Used to X-coutry ski, but need to find a partner to ski with around here. Bad idea to go out on the trails alone. Ah well, I have a big video project to keep me busy this winter. 40th anniversary video for my Motorcycle club, the Toronto Amazons.

Enough, I digress, or actually, I'm rambling...

Reactions: Spark 317
No need to ‘park your Spark’. All that fresh snow makes for some amazing shot opportunities. Was out today with my Spark and P3S. When I started it was -14C but warmed up to -11C later.

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash
No need to ‘park your Spark’. All that fresh snow makes for some amazing shot opportunities. Was out today with my Spark and P3S. When I started it was -14C but warmed up to -11C later.

Chris
I do figure to get out sometime, snow or no, but if it hasn't been -20, it's been snowing. Weekend is suppose to warm up close to zero, and no snow in the forecast :)

Reactions: Chrislaf
Well... The weather is not conducive to bare feet, though yesterday was mighty nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast