Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset between the Wind Turbines

Extremely nice!! [emoji106]
>7500 ft away!!!!!!! 1.5miles!!!![emoji118] What do you have on your controller...3ft antennas. How???

I got about 3/4 miles away and started losing connectivity. What’s your secret?

Reactions: BingErr
Do you not get any interference from the transmitting equipment within the turbines? I wanted to shoot some video of the ones local to me but the magnetic field coming off them was sending the compass insane when I tried to fire things up. I have a feeling the ones I went have 4G transmitters on them to help with the poor phone signal around here. I’m wondering if that was causing some issues.

Fantastic video @BigErr
How was the planet small made?
Made the Tiny Planet by capturing the photos with "pano sphere" mode and stitching them together in MS ICE. Some photoshop was needed to fix the turbine propellers because they were moving when I captured the pano.

Extremely nice!! [emoji106]
>7500 ft away!!!!!!! 1.5miles!!!![emoji118] What do you have on your controller...3ft antennas. How???

I got about 3/4 miles away and started losing connectivity. What’s your secret?
I have just standard controller and Spark. My previous farthest flight was just under a mile and it was out in the country with minimal power lines and wifi interference. I thought the turbines would cause interference but I guess I couldn't have been more wrong. At 1 mile I still had a strong signal so I kept flying. RTH activated and on the flight back when I didn't have picture or controls yet it almost hit a turbine. Woops.

Do you not get any interference from the transmitting equipment within the turbines? I wanted to shoot some video of the ones local to me but the magnetic field coming off them was sending the compass insane when I tried to fire things up. I have a feeling the ones I went have 4G transmitters on them to help with the poor phone signal around here. I’m wondering if that was causing some issues.

I expected interference but had none. Actually had AMAZING connection and was able to fly .5 miles farther then my previous max distance.

Reactions: DPJ
I have just standard controller and Spark. My previous farthest flight was just under a mile and it was out in the country with minimal power lines and wifi interference. I thought the turbines would cause interference but I guess I couldn't have been more wrong. At 1 mile I still had a strong signal so I kept flying. RTH activated and on the flight back when I didn't have picture or controls yet it almost hit a turbine. Woops.

Holy Mac! That was crazy!!!
Made up for a great video thou. [emoji108]

I have some in my area as well.

Guess I'll have to bump my RTH setting up should I venture out to film them.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis