Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset Shot Request

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Shot a sunset last night out in the backyard while having a quiet moment with my Spark (you do that too, right ?). Figured I'd have some quality time alone with him before the shock he's gonna get when Mr. P4 lands on his pad but I digress... The pic I have to share is a manually shot pano taken in tripod mode with the gimbal deflected up +10-15° (ty Spark 317!). It's composed of four images stitched together using the freeware Image Composite Editor (ICE) from Microsoft. One thing I like about the pic is it looks like I added vignetting but it's just the way the lens was catching the light fading out for the evening. On the horizon there is a thick layer of fog rolling in for the night. Would have been a way better image though if I could have caught a shooting star! :)

sunset_4pano.jpg

(4 shots left to right (50% overlap) @ 75m/250ft altitude, no filters, wb:daylight - ISO:100 - shutter:1/30)

I'd like to make a request for any and all pilots here who are interested. To capture a sunset (or sunrise) from your area during the month of August and post it as a reply to this thread. Doesn't have to be a pano, it can be any format you want, anyway you want, with any drone you want just so long as its in the air and something from your area. No prizes or podium, just for some fun sharing some sun with the forum!

This one isn't exactly a sunset technically spoken as it is taken a few days ago at An island north of lofoten in Norway at 2300 h. At this time of the year there is hardly a sunset there.
Anyway, altitude 500 m. Iso100 and 1/640 sec f/2.6 and no w
Great shot Roland! Very unique indeed especially at 2300h!! ?

I'd like to make a request for any and all pilots here who are interested. To capture a sunset (or sunrise) from your area during the month of August and post it as a reply to this thread. Doesn't have to be a pano, it can be any format you want, anyway you want, with any drone you want just so long as its in the air and something from your area. No prizes or podium, just for some fun sharing some sun with the forum!

Sounds good. ?

Sunrises and sunsets from around the planet. ?

Here is one that I put through the wringer experimenting with Photomatrix.
Awesome shot DJ! I love the perspective and a great sky! Kudos for trying out the app as well. I found it a bit confusing at first but experimenting is the best way to learn what it can do. Thank you for sharing! ?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Shot a sunset last night out in the backyard while having a quiet moment with my Spark (you do that too, right [emoji6]). Figured I'd have some quality time alone with him before the shock he's gonna get when Mr. P4 lands on his pad but I digress... The pic I have to share is a manually shot pano taken in tripod mode with the gimbal deflected up +10-15° (ty Spark 317!). It's composed of four images stitched together using the freeware Image Composite Editor (ICE) from Microsoft. One thing I like about the pic is it looks like I added vignetting but it's just the way the lens was catching the light fading out for the evening. On the horizon there is a thick layer of fog rolling in for the night. Would have been a way better image though if I could have caught a shooting star! :)

View attachment 13220

(4 shots left to right (50% overlap) @ 75m/250ft altitude, no filters, wb:daylight - ISO:100 - shutter:1/30)

Sounds good, I'm on board!
Shall send soon.. [emoji23]

Reactions: RotorWash
Here's one that I took without the drone last Wednesday. Might be a little off topic but I thought it was a great sunset...sorry about the power lines, always the bane of photographers.

View attachment 13224
Fabulous. That’s the only way to describe it. Luminar 4 would sort the phone lines so long as you have a steady hand.

Here's one that I took without the drone last Wednesday. Might be a little off topic but I thought it was a great sunset...sorry about the power lines, always the bane of photographers.

What a great shot and such beautiful color! Thanks very much for sharing, I love both of your photos, the golden hues of the first one with the clouds is awesome as well. If you have or get any more please share away! ? So true about the power lines, dastardly looking things! :)

View attachment 13224
Hi RW. I realise I may be tagged an interferer and if so please forgive me. I had a dibble at playing with your power lines with Luminar. Not perfect if looked at closely but OK. The shot still looks stunning with or without power lines.
F3034A7A-48F6-457D-B9AA-2D855E637EBC.jpeg

No interference here....I like it much better without the power lines. They're kind of like an artist's mistake, he's the only one that knows it's there and to him it's terribly evident.
Sorry KFG it was you that posted it. My mistake and thanks for your forgiveness.

Hi RW. I realise I may be tagged an interferer and if so please forgive me. I had a dibble at playing with your power lines with Luminar. Not perfect if looked at closely but OK. The shot still looks stunning with or without power lines.
Wow, great job making those power lines disappear twickers! How are you liking Luminar 4? Seems like a good value for what you get.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme