Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Super Noob

and was recommended that I get a cable from my phone to the remote control for a better connection.. When doing this do I still need my cell phone? What If I have a wireless ipad mini? Can I use that? Also can I use the mini if I am not connected to any wifi connections if I am using the cable?

Yes.

An OTG Cable can be used with most devices including WiFi only device's.

I fly with a WiFi only mini4 and an OTG cable really helped with a solid connection.

This is the one I use.

There
is a slight disadvantage to using a WiFi only device. Since the WiFi mini4 doesn't have a GPS, you can't use the "Find my Drone" or reset the Home Point to you and not the original launch spot. This would be used if on a boat for example and wanted to reset the HP so it won't go back to where the boat was when launched.

I've been flying with the mini4 for over two years and haven't had a problem.

Hi..

I was just given a Spark as a gift from my brother in law as he was buying a Mavic and was wondering where can I test fly my drone in nyc? Do I need to get a Drone license or permit to fly? Do I have to register my device?
anywhere in New York city somebody will tell you not to fly. the garbage man, to the groundskeeper, this is just me and maybe bad advice. but i have been flying in NYC for a few years for recreation just for the joy of flying. i go to a park were is very little people to no people early in the morning of afternoon and i fly for hours. yes lots of times a park ranger would stop me and tell me to pack it up. the tennis coach etc. most is just drone phobia. some are legit. i don't want trouble i just move to another place. it work for me. by the way the spark is very small and weight ounces i never have register mines i have to look at the guide lines. my mavic air is register.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav